Posts by Roeffel

I did everything correctly AFAIK but when I go to connect it connects (but) doesn't download/sync with the kemper!

I use a Focusright Scarlett 2input; Why no sync? Everything is on midi channel 1. odd.

I need to unplug the USB connection of my steinberg UR22 and plug it back in to "activate" the midi ports ...

Try this as well ?

Raf

Try picking very soft ... then harder & harder ... scared the hell out of me the first time I noticed as well ... no when using the detune , only headphones to minimise this ... indeed even the resonance of the guitar will make it sound out of tune

Also an option , when jamming along mp3's as I do to practice , I transpose the pitch of the song so I can play along in standard tuning (winamp with pacemaker plugin)

Raf

Morphing is the best feature ever , I use a mission expression pedal to blend in the leads , using a pedal doesn't require me to look down and push a button ... Just rest your foot on the pedal prior to the solo and voila !

Raf

I guess I'll go like this :

Clean STOMP = comp / WAH / TRP / Dist
    Heavy STOMP = WAH / BOOST / TRP / Dist

So noise gate used from the input

for FX : Studio EQ / mod / dly reverb

I also have the on all the time and morph them in for leads , not sure wether I need a boost or I can manage with the amp volume or raising the mids from the amp itself to cut through better

Raf

Hey guys, I must say with the toastme editor I'm starting to tweak much more then I would without it ... It's so nice to see all parameters at one screen and lock them on-the-fly !

It's also nice to see how vendors differ from each other from settings.

Now I was wondering, (because I'll never profile an amp myself , relying on the guy who does) are the amp parameters set by the profile process or are they set manually ? (clarity,definition,...)

Thanks

Raf

Hi guys , i'm currently optimizing my rigs (installed toast me to get an good overview of what's happening ...

I'd like to have ths same stomp and fx sections on the rigs I use and change only the amp section

stomp section should contain : noise (read somewhere that it's better then in the input section ?) , wah , compression (for clean) and detune , maybe a distortion to tighten up ( so a different stomp section for clean )
    fx section EQ to start cutting highs/lows , chorus , delay and reverb

Esp. the stomp section not sure for the order of the items ?

Thanks guys !

Raf

... and don't forget Guidos cabs!
    One of his Bogner 4x12SL cabs are my to go when playing live with our Yamaha DXR based PA.
    Where many cabs either sound too bright/harsh or boxy this one sounds and feels great.

Are these in on of his free rig packs ?

Raf

Ok finally i'll try to improve my live sound ... powered kemper through passive atomic CLR

I always used RIG from vendors straight from the box without any tweaking (except for FX) ... Topjimi's are my main sounds (friedman SS and his bogner uberschall)

Now i'm gonna take the plunge and start experimenting with different cabs

Also probably a high cut filter to tame the harshness when playing cranked !

So which cabs to try ? play mostly rock/metal 4x12 kinda stuff ...

What's the best freq to start cutting the highs ?

Thanks guys !

Raf

I've got a 8U FX rack case from road ready cases , ideal , it houses the kemper , a voltage regulator and a 3 U rack drawer (1 free U) , in the back a patch bay that had a Line 6 relay G50 velcroed to it

Lits are no problem to close

Raf