Posts by vjau75

I had the same problem with Favorites yesterday.
    After the Kemper booted up, it was not on the rig previously chosen when i powered it off but on a random rig from my pool. The selector was on "favorites", but instead all rigs were displayed. I had to switch back and forth between different modes "own rigs/all/by author" then back on favorites for it to work.

I don't understand what you mean there.

I am using Internal source for clock sync, tested both 6i6 and 18i8 now; with, 96KHz, 128 samples, works fine.

The Kemper must be the source of the clock, it's a hardware limitation that will never disappear AFAIK.
    If on the 6i6 you are setting the clock sync as "internal" (NOT spdif), you will have clicks. If you don't hear them, either you are not paying attention enough or the music you are playing is covering the clicks, or your monitor system cover them, but they are there .

Except I didn't have any clicks, at 96Khz, 128 samples. If you haven't tried it, give it a shot.

Perhaps because there are harder to hear at that frequency ? I don't know what's involved here, but i know that Kemper confirmed that the unit still can't and won't be able to be spdif clock slave, and the clicks at 44khz are certainly there.

I remember being told that Head and Rack would never be S/PDIF Slave, but I really only wanted not to have to change the Sync Clock source on my AI - which I'm no longer doing. I no longer have to set my AI at External or S/PDIF. But will it last?

If you do that, you will have clicks, garanteed.

Kemper is developing a codebase that has the potential to be used for decades (e.g. future hardware releases for other instruments). The same goes for the delays, reverbs and (hopefully) drive algorithms.

Actually, AFAIK, this is all assembly code for a DSP that has no future beyond this generation of Kemper Profiler. This is code that is basically not portable to anything.

Most of which would directly generate revenue. The editor not being one of them.

Actually the editor is generating revenues by increasing sales of Kemper hardware. Few electronic companies are providing free updates during 7 years but also few products are still selling well 7 years after release, with a price tag higher than art the start (althought manufacturing cost has probably decreased and investments have been répand). The dsp has no replacement available, the profiling process won’t have an upgrade in the near future.

This is a (good) business model, not philanthropy.

It's been going on for years across countless firmware-releases. If it is as hardware issue that makes it un-fixable, be honest about it and inform the customers. I just pray this gets fixed with the new software, but I'm not holding my breath.

I believe some parts (usb stuff) are outsourced. I would not be surprised for those parts to be the culprit of the aforementioned problems. And then Kemper Gmbh has no real hand on it.

How can the same software be in a beta state for hardware A and in a release state for hardware B ?
    I would understand if hardware B was older than hardware A, so you could say that the software is beta for the new hardware because of the new features. But since as we know, the stage is the new hardware, this doesn't make any sense.

The reasoning is that it was not possible to sell a device with only beta software, so they decided to call it release instead, but the stage is indeed sold with beta software. Which makes me think the stage release was rushed (for financial reasons ? ).