Posts by Job Posthuma

Thnx for your reply!
    You are offcourse absolutely right that frfr reproduces better what has been profiled.
    However, my gut feeling tells me i dont want to hear the profiled mic on stage, so decided to try a set up with a guitar speaker first.
    The "price" for this is not hearing the profiled cabinet on stage, but just the one i bring on all profiles.
    I have no desire have a sound exactly like .....[ampbrand)...just looking for something that sounds good.

Proof of the pudding is in the eating...so this wise ass may tell you you were right after all in a couple of weeks :)

If anyone has experience with a solid state stereo combo i hope he/she can share.

Btw...prices in NL for a jc are round 400, there are also some simular combos on the market.

This is an old topic...but hooks to my current search for a live set up.
    Somehow i cant put my confidence in frfr giving "amp in a room feel" im looking for.
    I managed to get good results with an ac15 as a power amp, but..it collors offcourse.

Thats why i was thinking about trying a jc 120 also. Neutral power amp, pretty good speakers, so in theory with cabinet off....should get you a sound that represents pre and power amp of the profile...and gets "the mic" thats in the profile out of the chain.

Anyone ever tried this? Or another solidstate?

Thnx for your replies.
    Reading this...and the other threads i found on this, i came to the conclusion that atm i cant put my confidence in an frfr solution.

Frfr seems to always come with eqing and altering the profiles u use for recording (to complicated)
    Always a compromis to the "amp in the room" feel, which is logical because "the mic" is in the output of the kemper...no speaker is gonna remove that :)
    I havent seen any "joehoe im in guitarstagesoundheaven" from ppl using frfr.
    all stages monitors i encountered in my lifetime get nasty highs when powered up.
    So frfr for now out of scope.

I fooled around with my ac15 some more, found the separate eq at the monitor out, and got results where at least all my profiles sound good. A little different, but natural and balanced, keeping the "soul" of what i hear on my studio monitors. Downside is that i have to cut the highs quit drasticly, the vox has an appetite for precense. I prefer avoiding eqing, so im considering building a return loop in the amp. (Idnk if the pre...or the power amp is the high booster in that amp)

Also im looking for experiences with a solidstate combo, maybe a Roland jazz chorus with celestions.
    Those poweramps are pretty neutral, and with the "cabinet" off should represent the pre and power amp of the profile. Also it would give me stereo, easy set up, and comfortable pricing.
    Anyone tried this?

I'm looking for a live setup for my kemper.
    I love my (passive) kemper on my studio monitors.
    I tried rigging it to an ac15 with cab sim off, and wasn't all happy.
    Also tried an aer acoustic amp with cab on...also not 100% happy.
    Both pretty decent..but not heaven :)

Options I see:
    Buy 2 active frfr monitors, that would give me 1 rig for both acoustic and electric.
    My concern is that frfr can get harsh in the highs at high volume. Also you add another color to the chain.(even though frfrf should not, they all do)
    Anyone experience with this way? Any speakers recommended?

Option 2..get me a camplifier and 2 guitar speakers.
    Anyone experienced with the camplifier?

CLOSED:

Hi,

I just downloaded the rigmanager, but it does not connect to my PC.
    Kemper profiler is visible in Windows Devices,tried reinstalling a couple of times.

Windows 10 Home
    Kemper release 3.0.2. 10951

Is there a known solution?

regards

j