Posts by Job Posthuma

It seems there are 2 breeds of Kemper users, The ones that like frfr for live monitoring, utilizing profiled cabs to the max, and the ones that prefer guitar cabs because it gives an amp in the room sound.

If you have the opportunity to test those with a KPA against eachother i would recommend that.

I use a cheap ass fender mustang through the return, cabs off, works pretty well.
    Boss katana imo maybe even a better choice.

If you go frfr, why not try the mackies first? Or do you do voc and need them in front of u?

I have ordered a new midi controler which has a special feature, and want to decide how to use it:

- first press of a preset button sends a set of commands, Lets say CC 50 to load the first slot of the current rig.
    - the second press can send a different set of commands, Lets say CC17 to activate the first stompbox
    - the third press sends the initial set of commands
    - the fourth the same as the second
    - etc

Atm i use the behringer fcb with the Kemper chip. With this one, a second press of a button activates morph. I really like this method.
    I have no clue what commands are send at the second press...which activate the morph.
    Is it the same as the initial one, and does repeating that trigger the morph?...or does the second click include another cc?

What im hoping to do with the new pedal:

First click gives me slot selection (cc50)
    Second click activates stomp (cc17)
    Third click deactivates stomp, and activates morph (giving me the morphed sound without the stomp)
    Fourth click activates the stomp (giving me the morphed sound, with the stomp)

Key here is what triggers the morph, i hope its the second cc50...but is it?

http://www.microdesignum.cz/EN…Grande/MIDI-Grande-manual

I run a Kemper and a behringer footcontroller, covers it for me.

For power there seem to be 2 kinds of people:
    1- people who like the Kemper powered by a full range system for stage monitoring. Giving them the full extend of the profiled rigs and flexibility.
    2- people who like the "amp in the room sound" who switch of cab sim, and run the Kemper into a guitar amp/cabinet.

Im a "nr2", i run it through the return of a solide state amp.
    Sounds great, you are however stuck to the sound of the speaker you have.

Both scenario's can be done with a powered version, depending on using frfr, or guitar cabs.
    If you are in a spot where you come across a lot of stages with speaker cabinets there, maybe a powered version is most practical.

Seems very accurate to me.
    Tip for recording:

If possible, tune in the segment of your neck where you play the part in.
    Typically, also perfect intonated guitars, are a little sharp below the 12th, and a little flat above the 12th. (Rules of nature and a little impact of the nut hight)
    Prs guitars are in tune below the 12th, and a little sharp above.

No matter how accurate your tuner is, you always have to make compromises by ear.

For very small gigs id like to leave my footcontroller at home.
    I was thinking of a set up with 2 pedals:

- one controling gain
    - one controling delay level

I cant seem to find a way to set this up.
    One of those i can do with morph...but 2..

Anyone?

To be clear: i do believe Kemper would make sure that i get a new strap, and i would understand that they redirect me to the seller for that.....In the case they have confidence that the replacement is reliable.

I didnt get that confidence from their reply, so to me its not clear if they trust that strap themselves.
    Im not even gonna swap it i think, i believe i have an old sportsbag laying around with a good strap...gonna use that.

Anyway...if Kemper is ever gonna produce parachutes...ill pass :)

I contacted support, Their first response was to go back to the seller.

I made them aware that there where more cases of the same issue, made clear that i was very hasitant to use a replaced version of the same strap, and asked them for their position on whether a replacement would be safe to use. Underneath their reply:

"My colleague has replied.
    "It is very unfortunate that the bag that you bought is having this issue and we apologise for the inconveniences.
    Although the chance that this happens is very small, we cannot guarantee that it will not happen.
    In such a case the broken bag has to be send to us so we can return it to the manufacturer.
    You will then receive a replacement."

I certainly have my thoughts on this response...which i shared with them.
    Maybe here its better to stay away from my opnion on the matter :)