Anyone using the gigbag for the head?

• Yeah, no planes. ;) Just in and out of car. So I don't actually need to carry it far in the bag. The toaster spends more time on the floor in the bag/on a stand/on my desk than actually carrying-time. Luckily. :)

So what's the point of walking one extra time back and forth to your car, to pick up the toaster (carrying with the handle instead of the shoulderstrap), just to be really safe?

• So what's the point of walking one extra time back and forth to your car, to pick up the toaster (carrying with the handle instead of the shoulder strap), just to be really safe?

That's actually what I usually do myself, using the handle. I only use the shoulder strap when taking it through airports as a carryon for those rare away gigs. The shoulder strap is a godsend for that.

Gary ô¿ô

• So what's the point of walking one extra time back and forth to your car, to pick up the toaster (carrying with the handle instead of the shoulderstrap), just to be really safe?

The point? Time is money?... ;)

I COULD walk an extra round and what not. It's just that when the shoulder strap is there, and I bought the bag BECAUSE it's easy to carry over the shoulder I SHOULDN'T have to treat it as a rack. :)

• Just from experience I'd never use cable ties for this. They snap from very little force if its fast. (I need to break ties daily at work, you can do it with one hand with a fast sharp pull).

I've been using this bag for years. Perfect size for the toaster: https://m.thomann.de/fi/gator_bass_drum_pedal_bag_gp66.htm

Depends on size, but I doubt you can break a cable tie easily. I am using them for various applications and I have to cut them with a tool that I use to cut the wire.

I did not say that using cable ties is a cure for breaking clips, but it will secure the whole thing if clip breaks.

[Blocked Image: http://www.suntekpc.com/image/cable-tie-xxx-cable-tie-wire-tie-zip-tie-detail.jpg]

• It is very easy to break. Just try yourself, secure one to a pipe or something that doesn't move and pull quickly. Regardless of size they'll break. I do this ten times a day at work. I'd much rather use steel rings or similar you get for keys.

I just tried with the tiniest one and it just left marks on my finger.

Do you mind to record demo video? ;)

It's different when you try to break it when it's attached to object that doesn't move - in case of a bag it's kind of another story. Both strap and the "material ear/handle" will move and take the tension a little, when clip breaks .

Off course using small metal chain is even more secure, but it might be problematic for average home user to connect both ends of chain.

I just tried to break the tiniest cable tie with 2 pliers (two hands pulling outwards) and 1 of 3 has broken, but after longer fight.

Edited once, last by skoczy ().

• I would if there wasn't a 50k fine for filming at the plant. :D

Everyone is free to use whatever they want. ;)

Personally I'd just never use zip ties for anything expensive or heavy.

Yep, let everyone use what they want ;)

Take in mind that police uses cable ties for very expensive criminals ;)

Here is a cable tie keeping up to 86kg

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Once again

This is the fastest and cheapest option to secure current flimsy clips. Go to building store, cash out 1 euro (you can even use more cable ties in parallel) and don't worry if clip breaks.

Edited once, last by skoczy ().

• Static load does not a drop make.

This was the first suggested video btw.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Static load does not a drop make.

This was the first suggested video btw.

External Content youtu.be

When clip in bag breaks it will absorb much of the "shock" leaving less to absorb for cable ties.

• I've never had an issue with the Gig Bag..........( yet ! )

pockets and material tearing a bit but it hasnt ever fallen.

Same with the KPA leather strap .....never had any issue ..........I take the head out of the bag for every gig

Fingers crossed

• I constantly use the gigbag but I took the shoulder strap off at the start as it's just not how I carry stuff! The handles themselves appear indestructible.

• Looks really solid @dahla but then we don't know the durability of elements, that this metal piece would be attached to.

Yeah... hm. What about using a carabiner hook between the nylon, bypassing the metal alltogether? Might be a tight fit, but I'll bet the carabiner will last longer. :)

Edit: I was thinking something like this, a strap with carabiner in both ends. Straight into the little nylon loop thingy...