Posts by DaleOz

Hopefully jamming with Cliff Gallup at the great rave-up in the sky....

He was the guy we all chased - and I don't think anyone ever caught up with him.

Incendiary and saccharine all within the space of two bars...

Immense humour, and hands on the instrument which may never be equalled.

Geoffrey Arnold Beck - thank you, thank you, thank you

Respect

Bring back the capacity to name a set of stomps on the stage the same way you can on the rack/toaster.... and grant us an extra layer of flexibility when we lock them

Example:

Let's say I have a blues outfit and a covers band

typically I would want a tremolo as the 'wobble' with the blues band and a chorus in the covers band - and there are plenty of other permutations as well

What I am looking for is the capacity to bring up named sets of stomps that remain locked over different performances... ie. I want to lock "blues" over my MBritt Vox performance but on say my TJ Tweed I want to lock "covers"

Secondly:

Have a dynamic number of "locked and named" sets but have those able to be edited globally.

Example:

If I edit the locked reverb on "blues" it doesn't affect the locked reverb on "covers" BUT it flows through to all performances where I have nominated "blues"

My mate, Mick Brierley, from Adelaide does these >>> they're great!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Slightly off topic: but I am finding that using one amp profile definitely works well if you put the time into it.

Off the strength of our legendary AC20 profile (the one a lot of us use) and in the spirit of "one thing leads to another" I bought MBritt's Morgan pack... Needless to say it's great (as you would always expect) and very "giggable"...

When I bought it I held the expectation that the AC20 profiles would be the ones I would use - wrong!

The Morgan PR12 is quite a versatile critter indeed across a wide range of gain stage. I like it more as a single amp solution.

Conclusion: For something I have never even seen in the flesh (I live in regional Australia) Morgan amps are quite something...

Yes

Forscore can send a bluetooth midi message to the Kemper via a Yamaha MDBT01... Bottom line: as you progress through a set from one PDF to the next (say with an Airturn) it will automatically send a program change selecting a new performance on the Kemper.

I store different gigs and different repertoires in separate folders in RM, and ditto, within Forscore I arrange songs into separate libraries.

This takes some setting up but it is "set and forget" on a gig and you can vary the sequence of the sets on the fly with Forscore.

Innovation... true innovation

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

With the Freqout you get about 5 seconds of "feedback tone", then it just cuts off suddenly in a non-musical way. They'd really want to do better than that.

Yes, agreed... This is what I hear as well. The "non-musical" decay....

I played with the FreqOut in a pre-stack loop with dirt pedals in front and behind it. Overall it didn't make much difference so basically I have resolved to park it in front of the Kemper input.

We need some Kemper engineering magic here - If there is one thing I despise it's going back to ext power supplies, pedals and patch leads

But wait there's more... much much more.. A whole YouTube channel including this classic

The secret is:

Put an EQ in front of a dirty amp (via a stomp) and the push the two mid faders of the graphic equalizer really hard. Roll down the lows and the presence...

Ignore what it sounds like on its own (which is kinda weird) and just focus on how it sits in the mix

Ideas:

A second Morph "Pedal" - that way one could be set to Vol/Gain and another to delay volume.. Yes the volume pedal can do a lot of this but I also want to push the midrange higher as I increase the amount of stick.

A Feedback processor like a Freqout

A function for the Rotary to "go random" - ie. every x bars it transitions from slow to fast and back (in a loop) - this frees up the player to concentrate on the playing instead of the tap dance to alter the speed