Posts by JanneLunnas

I have Ernie Ball's VP JR, the 250kOhm version. It does not work very nicely with KPA as expression pedal that controls volume. I have it connected in Pedal 1 input in back of the Kemper.

With this pedal the curve is weird, and I got this reasoning from Facebook's KPA users group for it:

"The problem is almost certainly due to the fact that the volume pedal has a Log Pot (audio taper pot) but the KPA is expecting to see a Linear pot. For volume control the KPA already has a Log taper programmed in so you are doubling up the effect which will give strange results."

It really feels like that. Should I replace the pedal's pot into linear one? I also saw somewhere that the Ohms should be with a value between 10kOhm - 100kOhm. So is the 250kOhm part of my problem?

@JanneLunnasplease let the support do what they do, no need for step-by-step progress 'updates' in the forum, and please don't post speculation like you did.
    Someone reading this thread might believe that this is information coming from the support.
    This isn't really helping anyone (which this forum is about).
    thank you

Good point. I edited my message. My intention was good but it does not always work that way.

I think I have most probably found a bug. This can be reproduced on latest OS version (5.0.3) and latest beta OS (5.1.0x) at least. This was causing me a lot of pain as it was my first time I tried reamping with Kemper. One friend of mine was able to reproduce this (he has same DAW and interface as I got).

Here's my video on YouTube about the problem:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It can be reproduced also with clean profiles + other Kemper's overdrive stomps. On this video I used hi-gain profile and "Green Scream" stomp.

- DAW used: Reaper

- Audio Interface: Komplete Audio 6

Here's comments about the video:

- 1st part: Guitar track (DI and dirty) recorded using SPDIF output setting "Git/Stack" with overdrive (in Stomp A slot) activated (guitar -> Kemper front input -> Kemper SPDIF out -> Komplete Audio SPDIF in -> DAW) ---> no problem with the sound

- 2nd part: Same profile (and same recorded DI track) + OD activated but reamping using "SPDIF reamping" input setting in Kemper (DAW -> Komplete Audio SPDIF out -> Kemper SPDIF in -> Kemper SPDIF out -> Komplete Audio SPDIF in -> DAW), SPDIF Output: "Master Stereo" --> bad noise

- 3rd part: Same setting as in 2nd but OD off - otherwise the same setup as in previous --> no noise