Posts by greenmanalishi

Excellent... finally got it working with the help of all of your instructions.

Connecting guitar to Kemper, to Monitor OUT to Apogee Jam using guitar cable,
    Made sure Monitor OUT was set to "Master Mono" in OUTPUT settings on page one of OUTPUT and also turned up the MONITOR VOLUME on page 2. Now I just adjust the gain on the side of the Apogee Jam to avoid clipping. It sounds great.

@Michael_dk instructions on getting the clean kemper sound in garageband also worked a treat :)

thanks again @Lugosi @skoczy @Michael_dk a great help and you probably saved me a few £££ on more gear that I don't really need right now.

Cheers :thumbup:

Sure you can do this. Plug into the Kemper normally, then run a guitar cable from Monitor Out to the Jam connected to the Mac. While in the GarageBand audio recorder, adjust the level on the side of the Jam so that you aren't clipping the input into the red. Record! Of course you're going to record a mono signal, but I assume you knew that already since the Jam is mono.

Did you get this working yourself ?? I'm pretty sure the last time I had the chance, I tried this but the guitar recording basically sounded like it wasn't plugged into the kemper at all... just a really bare sounding guitar with no effects/ or amp

I think maybe you guys are talking past each other :)

OP: When you say "record the kemper direct" - do you mean record a DI signal, or record the "amp" signal?

Could you describe exactly what you want to achieve?

Okay chances are I'm probably not using the correct terms for what I am after. As I say I'm pretty new to the kemper, only had it about a month. Basically what I would like to do is record/monitor what I am playing from my KPA straight into my mac/ garageband. Preferably with equipment that I already have such as the Apogee Jam. (which Iused to use for late night practising pre Kemper) I don't mind if its recorded in mono and yes you are right in saying that Im not necessarily trying to record a state of the art album sound (yet haha) but I would love a basic recording of the tones that I get through my headphones on the Kemper into garageband so I can work on demos etc

Or if you guys think this is too much hassle/ probably won't work correctly what do you recommend for some hassle free recording in your experience? preferably something that won't bust the bank too much (just bought a new car ) but will be able to provide a fair recorded representation of the Kemper .

Thanks again for all the help and input

@skoczy thanks for the swift reply.

thats a shame, I remember reading a previous forum ( Kemper to iPad) were the users basically said the kemper could be used in conjunction with the apogee jam record on an iPad, so i thought recording to the mac would then be possible.

guess i'll have to look for some ts inputs + audio interface or maybe the spdif route. Im sure they don't come cheap, the wife is going to love me :thumbup: lol.

incidentally do you know how to record on the likes of garageband with the kemper, while bypassing their amp sims and pluggins?

Hello

I was wondering if somebody could help me with recording the kemper direct to garageband on the mac. I have an apogee jam w/ 1/4 " guitar lead/ usb and would prefer to record it like this if possible. That is the only equipment I really have at the moment that I'm thinking could perform the task and don't really want to spend much more money on interfaces. I have tried a couple of times to try and get this working but I have not been successful.

So to record direct to garageband how would I go about it in terms of
    1. Connections on the back... Where do i put the 1/4" guitar lead monitor out or direct out ? After this I would plug that cable into the Apogee jam and it would then connect to the Mac via USB
    2. When connected to Garageband on the Mac how would I go about just getting the pure kemper sound?
    Is there a way to turn off the garageband amp sims and plugin effects so that they do not interfere with the kemper tone?
    3. Anything else I should be aware of when recording this way ?

Apologies in advance if this seems naive of me, but I have only ever recorded guitars into garageband before via mic'ing my Guitar cabinets.

Many thanks for any help or insights you can provide.

Cheers

Yeah I know exactly the sound you are talking about. I get it too. Quite off putting. Makes the kemper through headphones sound like any old solid state amp . I notice it more on higher gain profiles.

I think it improves slightly if you turn off the headphones space option or keep it as low as possible. A lot of people swear by the space setting for headphones but the unnatural sounds side effects aren't worth it

sounds fantastic. Great playing too. Some of the best ive heard on here.
    Youre making me want to buy some mbritt profiles!
    Out of interest have you used any of the mbritt profiles with a les paul that offer a nice low gain bluesy sound that you got with your tele?