Digital Whinning or whirling

• I keep hearing this kinda digital "Whinning" even with lots of gates and in the headphones or a cab. Sometimes if I trigger the gates a certain way, I can get it stop for a little bit but it keeps coming back. Any ideas? 8|

It's almost similar to that sound when you're playing through an amp and your seconds away from getting a text. I thought it might be my phone,nope, ceiling fan, nope, computer, monitors, computer screen? Also nope.

• Yes, I just replied to another thread on here about noise. PC's can be pretty terrible with digital chatter. My current one is ok but my last one was bloody awful. It turned out to be a 'known issue' from a motherboard perspective.

Thing is, most PC's these days do lots of power throttling stuff to be green / energy efficient. The bad news is that, if you have a PC where it's got the 'wrong motherboard' or the case shielding isn't great then it can be a really effective transmitter of weird noises!

• Yeah I know exactly the sound you are talking about. I get it too. Quite off putting. Makes the kemper through headphones sound like any old solid state amp . I notice it more on higher gain profiles.

I think it improves slightly if you turn off the headphones space option or keep it as low as possible. A lot of people swear by the space setting for headphones but the unnatural sounds side effects aren't worth it

• Try turning off your PC beside the kemper I bet you are getting emf interference. If so plug the kemper to a separate wall outlet in another room and or get a power conditioner.

PC is off most of the time. Although it should be on while I'm inspired and jamming to get these random riffs recorded ;)

Yeah I know exactly the sound you are talking about. I get it too. Quite off putting. Makes the kemper through headphones sound like any old solid state amp . I notice it more on higher gain profiles.

I think it improves slightly if you turn off the headphones space option or keep it as low as possible. A lot of people swear by the space setting for headphones but the unnatural sounds side effects aren't worth it

headphone space is the shizz. I did try that but it's still there sometimes. Also tried turning the main and direct outputs on and or off even though they aren't routed to anything and that didn't work either