Posts by 7970b444c06f3849da7fdc0912a985ced7b0c7ba

Why not place a loop in slot D and send the signal to the amp?Alternatively the direct/send output can be used to slave through your input signal (you need to set it to Git analog in the output menu). This signal will be without Stomps though.

That´s what I tried ;)

But I´m having the following problem:
    3 sec latency to switch off (the send of) the FX Loop?

I´m aware of the solution to route "Git analog" to the direct out. But as both of us mentioned it´s without Stomps.

Both suggestions, FX Loop in Slot D or "Git analog" to direct out, don´t include the volume pedal (in the post stomp position).

A workaround could be to put the volume pedal in form of the "wah pedal boost" (is that the name???) in slot C....but than another slot is lost ;(
    ....or maybe something with morph??...

I´d love to be able to send signal to a traditional guitar amp while using the KPA in a normal way, with the Stack section engaged.
    Right now we can send signal from pre stomps. Or we can send from various positions post stack, but we need to turn off the stack section because we don´t want to run an amp into another amp...
    A dedicated output path that is taken right before entering the stack section, ideally after the volume pedal in "post stomps" position, would allow us to use the KPA stomps through both the external amp and the KPA.

Hi!

when I use the FX Loop (both mono and stereo; pre and post Stack) turning the slot on is immediate. but when I turn the slot off the incoming signal (delay in my case) is cut off immediately, but the direct out is still sending signal for about 3 more seconds.
    Is that normal or am I doing something wrong.

Direct output is set to "off" in the output section.

To anticipate the question: Why do you care? if the incoming signal is cut off immediately everything is fine!

If you feed a long delay or reverb this is problematic.
    Right now I tried to feed another amp from the direct out and use the FX Loop in slot D as an ampswitcher.

Happy Easter!

If I were in the same situation, I'd just turn two knobs before gigging.But it is only me.

Different condition if I had similar needs during a live, but some of the options you mentioned, for me, would have no practical use.
    But again, that's me.

Hi Jimmyno,

Do you try to show that my feature request is nonsense? I have a bit the impression you are really negative about this. Why?

You seriously would not enjoy being able to save a setting that you frequently use? I suppose you save other settings on the KPA, right? So what is the difference?

I think I explained a) why your workaround doesn´t work and b) that there is really a practical use for my request. Expressing again and again that you would not use this feature, just because of your personal taste, is not very constructive.
    If there is another workaround, that makes my request superfluous, please let me know! Or some input that would improve my request.

Constructive input would be if you mention the useful options, instead of underlining that some options have no practical use for you.

Since I have bought 2 expression pedal and hooked them to Kemper I spent some time playing with new possibilities.
    Today however I had an idea to try if it's possible to use 2 expression pedals to morph 2 different parameters withing 1 rig.
    In my case I wanted just change mix of phaser and later mix of chorus while playing with 1 song/backing track.
    Unfortunately EXP2 pedal does the same thing as EXP1 pedal if both pedals are set to function "Morph Pedal".

Morphing is great for complex changes of multiple parameters.
    It would be great to be able to assign each pedal to any parameter (just 1 per pedal) with an adjustable min and max.

this would need to be saved per rig and not globally. I opened this request for this:
    save-footswitch-pedal-assignments-per-rigs-instead-of-global

your request for 2 exp. pedals could be a great addition to this.

Well, beside the looper, tap and the rig up/down (which are functions on their own that i'd keep separated from the rest), i believe you can do almost everything.
    If you want to control the volume you can morph the volume with the expression pedal.

Why would you leave those functions out?
    there are also other functions, that i didn´t even mention:
    - invert all stomps
    - module a/b/c/d/x/mod on/off (some stomps have no mix, so there is no workaround with the morph function)
    - Dly + Rev on/off with or without spillover ________________really important for me
    - Dly Infinite & Hold (don´t know if you could morph those)____really important for me
    - Rotary speed (again...don´t know about morphing)

Morphing is really great. As you said, you can use it to simulate simple switching. But it would be better not to waste the amazing possibilities of morphing just to turn a distortion on or off, right?
    Morphing also has the following great oder bad - depending on what you need - side effect: if morphing is engaged and you adjust any parameter, this parameter will be included/modified into the morphing "engine" and will be changed when you switch back and forth.

With this feature added you could:
    - morph and switch 2 functions of your choice
    - use a switch for morphing in Rig1 and an exp.pedal for morphing in Rig2
    - get the best control of each rig with a minimum amount of gear.
    - use in a practical way the features that the KPA is already offering us

I assume many of us play in very diverse situations. right now you have to change system settings in order make the switches and pedals do what you need them to do. the KPA already can be that flexible, but please.... move these settings from "system" to "rig" so that we can save them!

To keep it simple the switch/pedal settings could be "locked to global" by default.

Hi Jimmyno!

morphing is cool. but it doesn´t cover the same possibilities.
    Here are some examples with a double-footswitch and a expression pedal.

Rig 1:
    double-footswitch ring: Looper start
    double tip: looper stop
    exp: volume

Rig 2:
    double ring: delay hold
    double tip: morph
    exp: vol

Rig 3:
    double ring: rig up
    double tip: rig down
    exp: morph

Rig 4:
    double ring: tap
    double ring: rev on/off
    exp: pitch

it would be much more flexible in this way. many functions are not available with morph.

I like those ideas as well....quantization, setting rig tempo, separate layers :)

I´d imagine that the improvements i mentioned could be easier to implement though. I think quantization requires changes on another level.
    i would use a looper like this for evolving sound-layers and atmospheric stuff. the changes would not be of great use if you are using the looper for practicing, setting up rigs or one-man-bands.

Hi!

I´m a new, pretty impressed KPA user.

It would be great, if the following options could be added to the Looper:

- a dedicated system page with access to all parameters and functions; better would be to add the looper to the stomps/effects.
    - looper volume should be a assignable to a pedal
    - overdub/feedback control to create loops that evolve over time (assignable to pedal or switch)
    - feedback should be applied during overdub and on choice also during playback.
    - option to choose between overdub or playback on the second press of a new loop (without keeping the play button pressed).
    - different options to stop the loop (immediate stop or fade-out; maybe triggered by keeping the stop pressed)
    - high- and lowcut; grit

actually, now that write this i realize that almost all the options are already included in the delay ;)