Posts by 7970b444c06f3849da7fdc0912a985ced7b0c7ba

Hi,

I finally got my toaster :)

I tried to put a reverb effect into the effect loop. The reverb tail gets cut off at the end. the signal is pretty low, but it does not fade out in the same way it fades out pluging it into the (front or alternative) input without using the loop stomp.
    the input noise gate is set to "0". no gate stomps are used.

is there a hidden noise gate that could be responsible?

the "ducking" behaves also different with the loop modules than in different effects. there is a big jump from <0.0> to -0.0
    best,
    Karsten

All output volumes and Clean Sens on the input side are digital. Master Volume is just the master of all output volumes linked to it.

The Main Out -12dB PAD is partly digital (-6dB) and partly analog (-6dB).

Thanks for clearing that up.

Out of interest - why are you asking?

I wondered if there is the possibility to adjust the output level to suite different equipment and needs without attenuating the level in digital. I think attenuating a lot (like 24dB) is preferable in analog.

The Clean Sense is digital levelling only? 8o I had no idea...I though it was an analog input trim, also hitting a limiter in front of the AD when going into red on the led?

Where in the signal chain is the input LED?

since the Profiler has analog inputs and outputs saying that the whole Profiler is digital is wrong (as far as my understanding goes)

maybe my question has to be more precise:

Is the Master Volume a) digitally controlling the analog output gain stage (post DA converter) or b) purely digital (pre DA converter)?

In case of b): the manual mentions a "Main Output -12dB" option in case the output signal is too hot for the input of the following mixer/interface/preamp to improve signal-to-noise ratio by avoiding to turn down the master volume too much. I guess this is a different analog gain setting for the output stage, right?

What about the input stage? Is the input gain (before AD conversion) fixed or is it adjustable?

Hello,

I´d be interested in using the Kemper FX Loop to insert my Strymons (and other pedals). I wonder if the latency sums up to be bothering.
    I guess the additional DA and AD conversion in the Kemper adds some latency as well as the Strymon Möbius (no dry through; I didn´t find out how much latency the strymon has).
    Does anybody have any infos about that?

I don´t have a KPA yet...otherwise I would just try it..

Thanks!

Karsten

Hi,

this is my 1st post. I´m not a Kemper user yet. I´ve never been a fan of modeling amps (I know....Kemper is profiling) and they always felt bad and liveless to me. anyway... after reading a lot of good things about the Kemper I tried it in a local music store and I was pretty impressed.

I was curious about the following situation and could not find any info about it.
    I´d like to use the Kemper to have an arsenal of weird, shitty and broken amps, radios, walkie-talkies. I have a very nice (and very quiet) amp from the 50ies. It sounds absolutly sweet, but it´s so quiet and hums pretty bad. when I record the amp I have to remove the hum with a plugin.

now my question:
    what happens if I profile a humming amp?
    (i´d love if the hum disappeared!)

I could run the mic through the computer and remove the hum, but that introduces some latency. (some of those plugins introduce their own extra latency).

Is latency problematic during the profiling process?

best,
    Karsten