Posts by Sheppard93

I recently downloaded Tills free cab pack. mainly I've been using Top Jimi's Caswell modded marshall pack (which I love) and I tried taking some of the merged versions of this amp and changing the cab to some of the ones I got from Till. I have the browser set to auto load so it's really easy to hear how much each cab affects the tone. some of the cabs sound truly excellent but here is my problem... once a cab is loaded I get an option to press soft button 2 to "merge" the profile. when I do this, it gets harsh anf much louder. what is the reason for this?

thanks, Ash

Yea I'm using humbuckers 95% of he time. the different flavors between TAF, TJ and MBritt are awesome. none are better than the other, just different. I absolutely love MBritts 70 super lead, TAFs modded JCM800 and TJs 74 super lead.

Looks like I'll have resurrecing an old thread. Haha.
    Can anyone give me a comparison for the JCM800 in the grand Finale to the modded JCM800 in pack 1? after buying the kemper I have very little spending money left over. I want to make sure I make the right choice.
    Very tempted to get the SLO from pack 10 as well after reading so many positive reviews. I have the top jimi SLO profiles and I love them. any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hey. I was wondering if someone could tell me if there were any Pete's Profiles on the rig exchange? he has a great collection of amps, but I'd just like to sample a few before I bought a bundle.

one man's muddy is another man's thick, I guess. haha. I can see what you mean, they are on the darker side but I love the way they sound. His 70 Super Lead profiles and his Friedman profiles are still my favorite. I'm using Samson SR850 headphones

I have some Red Bear No. 9 heavys. been using them for years. they last a very very long time if you take care of them. recently, because they've been so hard to get... and expensive.... I've been using Dunlop Petrucci Jazz III picks. love them. with their polished tips they are the closest thing I've used to Red Bear. they are also very durable.

I have nothing but great experiences with Michael and his profiles. maybe he realized how much of a loser I felt like in high school when no girls would dance with me when "amazed" came on at the teenage dance? haha. seriously though... his 70 Super Lead Profiles are my favorites. To me, it's the ultimate marshall tone.
    If Lonestar ever comes to St. John's Newfoundland, I'll be there for sure.

has anyone else tried this profile on the rig exchange? definitely the best profile of any kind I've used so far as far as distorted Rigs go. I will add that I'm using headphones and that most profiles are too "sharp" but this one had a nice juicy and dark character while still having a cutting quality to it. Thank you ME.... whoever you are!

the super great deal is around $125 canadian dollars. that's pretty much my budget right now after buying the kemper. I'm sure in the future I'll get a flatter pair, but hopefully right now they'll do the trick.

I can get a super great deal on a set of these. I've read great reviews. anyone use these with their Kemper? I'm sure they are light years ahead of the $12 best buy brand ones I'm currently using. haha

just found out I can get a really good deal on a set of Audio Technica M40x headphones. I've read great things about them and they are no doubt light years ahead of the things I'm using now. very excited!

hey! yes I'm having a lot of fun with it! i downloaded the free rig packs from MBritt, Michael wagener and Top Jimi. i have to say... I love top Jimi's 68 super lead profiles..

I should add.. I'm using headphones... and right now, the only ones add my disposal are a pair of 11.99 best buy brand ear buds. I'm guessing getting a proper set of headphones will eliminate some of the fizziness many of the high gain profiles seem to have. for example.. i was ecstatic to see to see that TJ included one of his Hi Gain SLO 100 profiles. it sounds so killer on his site. with my ear buds it definitely sounds mushy and fuzzy. I'm 100% blaming it on the ear buds though.