Posts by jackson929

Consider putting the amp in the loop of the kpa. That way you can switch between kpa sounds and your amp.

Guit > kpa—>kpa send—>amp front—>ampsend—>kpa return—>kpa mon out —>amp return.

Thanks for the help. Then I just put the amp into my audio interface?

Btw...profiling your amps pre amp only and play those through the return of your amp works excellent!

Very interesting! Will try that.

Thank you for the help! Also are they TRS cables for the loops?

I picked up a H&K Deluxe 20 which I love. I want to use the KPA nd Deluxe 20 fx loops to use KPA delays, reverbs, modulation and so on. I already found a thread which explains how to do this. But is there a way to still run the KPA and all my profiles through my audio interface as well. Just run the KPA main outs to the audio interface and Deluxe 20 another channel on the audio interface and still have the amp use KPA fx from the loop?

Hope this make sense to someone.

TIA

Sorry for the delay, Yes I have the headphones in the AI and there is a volume on the AI which I have turned every which with no results. I have not tried the analog outlets but currently am running the way I want through my Eleven rack (as the AI) with the analog signal.

I am waiting to order a pair of new headphones and see if there is a problem there. The ones I have a finicky but I don't it will do much sense I get zero sound at all, I think I would at least get some crackling and noise and the PC mixer shows there is some.

Is there a way to run the pc sound through the kemper headphones to mix with the profiles?

I am back to try again in a bit and will post results. I have not had a chance to look back since that night. I have newborn and literally just got a chance to look back at this. I do not do recording, just practice. The main reason I did this was because I am using my 11r as the interface and want to free that up, plus wanted the S/PDIF connection for possible future or so I could record/reamp if ever needed.

I will report back but wanted to say thank you for all the help!

I apologize for the silence, I will report back if I get it or not tonight. I just have little time to work at this right now, tough I really want to get it done.

I finally have gotten and A/I , 144 MKii, and SPDIF connection. I hook the in/out cables from profile to A/I and A/I usb into PC with drivers installed. I hook my headphones into the interface headphone jack and cannot get the profiler to play through the headphones

Do I need to change a setting in the Kemper to change to digital outs or something? I have held the output button and .looked but nothing helps.

TIA

Thanks for the help, I will try those ideas. After I wrote this I just went back through my 11r. I could not get the PC and Kemper audio to mix through the headphones of the A/I at all.

I did change the default playback on the PC to the mkii which gave me the PC audio through the headphones but I could not get the Kemper to come through.

I have had my Kemper running through mu 11r (as an audio interface) to my laptop and powered monitors. I play a lot with my headphone plugged into the 11r HP jack. This gets me my band in a box and jam track practice where I hear my Kemper guitar and my computer programs together.

I recently bough an audio interface with Spdif connections and hooked the Kemper up to it. I got it all working to a point but when I put the headphones into the A/I I just get the computer audio not the mix with the Kemper guitar. The audio through the A/I headphones from the PC sounded horrible as well, with low volume.

Is there a way to get the computer audio and Kemper guitar to mix together through the headphones in either the Kemper hp jack or A/I headphone jack? Is more involved then simply connecting via Spdif?

I use an 144mkII

TIA for any help.

A good time to cool down

I really do not think there was much of a problem. The one guy madly wanted me to try his preferred method to the point of insults and anger. I knew someone would take a look and find it to be some stupid thing that was causing the problem. I just wanted to know why the USB import was not working for me.

When I came here I assumed it would go the way it did with hjscheffler , there was nothing to get angry about , not sure why it happened. Reminds me why I hate guitar forums, narcissistic egomaniacs that never is productive... Also reminds me why I hate playing with most guitar players, it is always a pissing contest.

@hjscheffler Thank you for the time and help!

rigs and presets share the same file ending.The 5.1 Delay presets can be found in the Stomps folder in the 5.1 factory content download.
    kemper-amps.com/downloads/10/Rig-Packs

Thanks for the help, this method did not work again for me. I copied the stomp DLY files and imported but it said "no need to import: files are in the browse pool, but they are not in my stomp/effects presets again.

Maybe the others just were lucky to actually understand what they do. It's not a crime if you (so far) don't understand this pendrive import game.

I understand the method very simply, it is why I am confused as to why it does not work for me. The fact that is is so simple and this hardware is so advanced and expensive , the fact that it does not work worries me, I am sure it is something simple, but out $2500 and the fact that the hardware cannot execute a simple task is troublesome, regardless of your superior method which is not mentioned in the 5.1 delay update instructions.

I think I am quite capable of taking a blank USB , plugging it into the hardware, seeing it was formatted, putting the files into the shared folder, hitting external storage, hitting import, watching them import in and reading it is finished and confirming. I have done it so many times I could write a pdf on it myself.

The problem is the files are not where they are suppose to be. This is troublesome to me regardless of your superior method and would like to know why it does not work, that is all. It is more then getting them just imported into my system now.

While I appreciate you help, sorry for wasting you time, really if you are just going to be a snobby brat about helping I would rather you not bothered at all. Sorry for wasting your precious time geesh, I have your method here so you were free to stop wasting your time from that point on, instead of coming back to throw out backhanded insults.

For anyone else ho generally was trying to help, thank you.

1) Mainly because I have spent about a year creating,deleting and re creating profiles and performances through tweaking to finally having things perfect and finally having a tone I am proud of. I do not fully understand how this update is going to effect things an since the other method is not working I fear losing all my work through some major system reboot.

Plus I am just to tired today and want to make sure I have every possible backup of my rigs and performances.

2) I really do not like when something works for everyone else but not me, it makes me feel something is wrong. The official download PDF says to do what I did do 20 times. Which is download the folders, copy the files into the shared folder, import them into the system and they will be available using the browse knob. These are the only official Kemper instruction I have seen and I have read 5 threads on others doing it this way and it working so I would like to understand why it does not work for my unit. I do not understand why the "official" method is not the method in the PDF or even mentioned there at all and why the method they say to use does not even work.