Posts by Lobsta

Ok- never, never would have considered tip # 3 from video 1. I feel like I've tried almost every other parameter in the Kemper, but adding direct mix? Doesn't seem to make sense. For clean guitars maybe, for bass guitar for sure, but not for high gain guitars. After trying it, you can definitely hear the difference. If it's really low between 1 and 2 seems to work, and the notes are a little clearer.

Not sure if I like it..... Seems so counter-intuitive for high gain profiles.

Anyone tried this for high gain?

Does adding a compressor increase the latency?

Reading recently about Kemper's default latency settings vs. 'constant latency', and apparently the default latency changes per profile depending on dsp needs (it's variable). I've definitely noticed some really obvious profiles in the past, but never noted what fx were active.

So the question is, does adding a compressor pump up that variable latency higher?

If your recording set up can handle multiple channels at the same time I'd take a direct out from the KPA so you can blend that with the Ampeg profile.

This is exactly what I do. I'm a guitar player who fakes it on bass. I've actually had pretty metal good bass tone success using guitar amp profiles. What you could try is find a guitar profile that is medium gain with low mid content, go to the amplifier button, then blend in the direct mix to taste, maybe 7. Then crank the gain until it sounds heavy. Then take an extra cable from the Kemper direct output and record that too (Low pass that track really low, maybe 4-500 hz) As finally wrote- no reverb on bass, except maybe for a special effect.

Hey guys. So I am just setting up my new kemper (latest software installed) and one of the things I noticed is that it sounds really fuzzy through headphones, I tried tweaking EQ and the headphones space but it still sounds fuzzy. I'm not sure if the input has any deal with it because when I played it sounds fuzzy the input will turn red a few times which I'm assuming means that the signal is too hot, is that maybe why the headphones sound fuzzy? But even on a clean channel they still have a fuzz sound to them. Also, (i know I know I know. ) I am using beats stuido headphones. Are they possibly to blame? Any help is Appreciated. Thanks :)

Do you mean fuzzy, as in distorted/clipping? Or Fizzy, as in harsh grating high end?

If your input led turns red, it's too hot, lower your pickup height.

If it's fizzy, try loading a studio eq in the x module, bring the High cut down to 8K or even lower, or set one of the mid freq's to 7k and cut it down.

If it's fuzzy, something is too high, fix the input clipping, then turn settings down until gone. (or your headphones are crap)

Thanks- these are killer!
    My favorite is the MAGT. But they're all really good, man. Previously the profile I liked the most was your 6SOS Wylde, think these are even better - riff machines.

Of course, some of the excitement could be because I just installed a new pickup last night.

Same latency delay with spdif here. I had measured it, forget how many samples it was. Enough so that you can hear it, if you listen to the analog output and the Spdif output at the same time, it's enough that you can hear phase/ comb filtering. I gave up on using spdif because of that, there seemed to be no 'benefit' of recording that way, tonal or otherwise. My playing is rough enough as it is, any extra delay I can avoid can't hurt!

The only difference is an added output jack for the powered output. (speaker output)

All other uses (even use all at once simultaneously) just hook up the other gear to the other outputs.
    Example- Main output xlr to p.a.
    Main output 1/4" to powered speaker.
    There's a couple more outputs you could use at the same time to your soundcard to record or send to a monitor system.

1) No need to bypass, just unplug from the speaker output, use a different output.
    3) Yep

So many ways you can go....