Posts by Jonathanrsullivan

Agreed, you can definitely push the gain upwards, my example was very extreme maybe too extreme.

I'm sorry this is being perceived as me being negative on the Kemper. I am a Kemper super fan. There is nothing about the Kemper I don't love! My only intent here is to show people how to get the most out of their Kemper. In the video I explain that the reason you can't turn a profilers gain knob up to 10 on a profile of an amp set super clean is because of the way tubes distort. I explain that the character of the breakup changes as you push a tube so the break up you get from an amp on 3 is different than that of an amp on 10. I think that's what you are saying too, Don, when you mention the gain knob changing an amps EQ. I 100% agree with that!

Like I said in the video the Kemper is an amazing piece of gear that can accurately and genuinely recreate the character of the best tube amps we all love. My only intent here was to show that bad tactics and not understanding that the Kemper is not a Modeler can lead to bad results. Maybe this isn't a lesson that people of this forum struggle with but, I'm part of a smaller private Kemper FB group and I see people describing this all the time. They grab a clean profile they like and start cranking the gain knob and because it was a super clean amp that was profiled the characteristic of the distortion doesn't sound "right" to them.

Kemper 4 Life!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I still don’t get it myself. If you have to set the clean sense for every profile, why not just adjust the amp volume? I’ve tried the clean sense as a global but it doesn’t work when so many profiles are at different levels.

For distortion, I think Kemper just intended it to be a way to take profiles you have already balanced for one guitar and quickly adjust them all for another guitar. You can set them per profile or you can lock them and the value won't change. I personally like to save profiles with adjustments for different guitars such as JTM45 Tele, and JTM45 LP, JTM 45 Strat.

For clean sense, It is a fast way to even out volume differences between clean and distorted but once you profiles have a boosted or cut rig volume in the EQ section, that boost or cut is happening no matter what so depending on what other adjustments have been made it can definitely loose it's usefulness. I personally leave mine at 0.

Hi dudes,

I've together a video series called Kemper Tips & Tricks. My goal is to cover a lot of the questions I see people asking about different parameters in the Kemper and showcase some of the Kemper functions. Here is the first part on the Definition Control. Hope this helps some of the newer guys understand how to make the Kemper sound best for their guitars!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Those samples sound sweet! Will the full pack also include profiles with pedals? I'd love to hear this amp with a Klon ^^

Funny you mention that...Every setting in this pack comes with another profile with the same setting but with a KLONE in front of the amp. It's something I do very commonly in all my packs. All tone Junkie Profile packs have profiles with a "+" in the title indicating it has a KLONE. These two profiles you are hearing JMOD 100 4, and JMOD 6 will also have a JMOD 100 4+ and a JMOD 100 6+ included in the full pack. Additionally, I have profiled a Marshall Bluesbreaker V 1a (like John uses) and a Sparkle drive.

That pretty much mirrors my thoughts on these.
    I'd also love to hear Tone Junkie's take on some classic Marshalls. I have a huge number of Marshall profiles already, but I've got a feeling that they'd do a hell of a job with them, as well. I do love that they profile some more unique amps, but a few old classics would be great too. Keep up the great work with these profiles.

I'm actually looking as some Marshall right now, they will be coming down the pipeline pretty soon. I'm eying a JTM45, JMP and the good old JCM 800.