Posts by marcozzz

@JackFocusrite

sorry i actually wrote it wrong ,
    on the back of the kemper i have connected 2 1/4 cables (1 left/1right) which both goes into the focusrite as XLR (male end) and the focusrite is set to line .

Im a bit of a noob about this things (as u can tell :D) so what you are saying is that i should do the opposite ?!
    i should connect an XLR on the back of the kemper and the 1/4 in the focusrite ?
    would it make any difference at this stage to go 1/4 both ways?( normal guitar jack i mean)

thanks for your help!

I fixed it!!
    this is so weird!! i was wondering around the system page and i noticed the pedal volume was going up and down so i set the pedal mode to off and boom it worked again, it is weird because the pedal wasn't connected at all ! i think while i was playing with my pick ups i may have disconnected the pedal to use its jack ...i don't really know what happened but its working good now! thanks for the help

I have a plug in EQ , happen pretty much with every profile to have an ok signal till the 1k frequencies then the signal boost up to 6/9 db on highs , the volume on kemper is set to 12 o'clock the master out to -20 decibels in order to bring the highs below the 0 db threshold i really need to cut the gain a lot (and obviously the sound its quite crap if i do so :D)

i did a backup on the usb , i turned on the kemper while pressing the sys button but the bloody prob is still there , even when the guitar is not connected the noise pulses up and down what the hell is happening?
    do you think a complete reset could help 9 how do you do that?)

ps: as i said the kemper its quite new i have a couple of amp i bough in it but i really don't care that much if i lost em all

is there a way to do a factory reset and reinstall everything without using my backup file ? (because if the problem is on my actual system its gona be there again after i install everything back on kemper)

hi guys i really need a big help please!!!

yesterday i started playing with the pick ups of my gipson( rising and lowering em) while connected to the kemper and suddenly the kemper stopped working .
    the input light is green but the output light pulses blank to slightly green . all the rigs are affected , the sound i get is just a pulsing sound , it goes up and down (like a tremolo ) i tried to change the output settings but nothing happen the only one that works is the git studio while i use my focusrite into logic pro otherwise thats no way to make it works.

my kemper is quite new and it was working flawless since i started messing with the pick ups
    the cable is working, the pick ups are probably not in a good position right now (dunno what i was thinking messing around with em) but anyway I'm pretty sure pick ups position can't have such a bad impact on the kemper sound so ....did i accidentally changed a parameter witch screwed up the sound of every rig of my kemper?

please i really need to fix this
    thank you for reading

unfortunately my audio interface doesn't have spdif . The video on you tube i was talking about uses xlr like me but the level seems more linear. Could the type of xlr cable makes any difference balance?unbalance? i don't know anything about these things tbh

(Nessun oggetto)

MP
    marco papi
    [Blocked Image: https://cdn1.evernote.com/outlook/v1.6.3/images/app-icon.png]
    Rispondi|Oggi, 11.58
    Te

Hello everybody!
    I recently bought a kemper amp and I'm really happy with it so far , I'm having a bit of a concern about my recording process though and the solution may be in the kemper (or most possibly into my lack of knowledge about recording in general ).
    I'll try to explain this as the best as I can (I'm not English mother tongue so I'll try my best )

Guitar into kemper , kemper into focusrite 2i4 (through 2 xlr cables) focusrite into iMac ,recording with Logic Pro.

first of all I set the output master volume of my kemper to have a good but not too hot signal out (-20 db master out) I set the focusrite's knobs just below the clipping level and start recording , so far so good .
    Everything sounds good to me but whenever I open the EQ the guitar level seems quite high , especially high notes reach peaks between +6 +9 DB ,I saw videos on YouTube and noticed ppl usually have an even signal which is pretty much just below the 0 Db threshold .
    I can off course low the highs with the Eq itself but I guess it wouldn't be the best solution .
    If I decrease further the master volume of the kemper I have lower highs but then I need to boost my lows so it's not ideal either .

I'm probably making probs out of nowhere as the signal never clips either in the kemper nor in the Scarlett , but my concern is , even if it doesn't clip would those 6/8 Db sound a bit harsh to human ears?Please note that I have this prob mostly during solos when I want to have high notes to sound loud but with a smooth end at the same time

So long story short :D
    If I decrease the gain to stay below the 0db threshold the sound is too tiny and I feel like I'm
    not using the kemper as the best of its potential. If I increase the gain it sound good but maybe too harsh on high notes.

I m sure you guys have a better recording knowledge than me and could maybe help me out with this.

Ps: I play a standard Gipson les Paul (2 humbuckers pick up)

Thank you
    Marco

(Nessun oggetto)

MP
    marco papi
    [Blocked Image: https://cdn1.evernote.com/outlook/v1.6.3/images/app-icon.png]
    Rispondi|Oggi, 11.58
    Te

Hello everybody!
    I recently bought a kemper amp and I'm really happy with it so far , I'm having a bit of a concern about my recording process though and the solution may be in the kemper (or most possibly into my lack of knowledge about recording in general ).
    I'll try to explain this as the best as I can (I'm not English mother tongue so I'll try my best )

Guitar into kemper , kemper into focusrite 2i4 (through 2 xlr cables) focusrite into iMac ,recording with Logic Pro.

first of all I set the output master volume of my kemper to have a good but not too hot signal out (-20 db master out) I set the focusrite's knobs just below the clipping level and start recording , so far so good .
    Everything sounds good to me but whenever I open the EQ the guitar level seems quite high , especially high notes reach peaks between +6 +9 DB ,I saw videos on YouTube and noticed ppl usually have an even signal which is pretty much just below the 0 Db threshold .
    I can off course low the highs with the Eq itself but I guess it wouldn't be the best solution .
    If I decrease further the master volume of the kemper I have lower highs but then I need to boost my lows so it's not ideal either .

I'm probably making probs out of nowhere as the signal never clips either in the kemper nor in the Scarlett , but my concern is , even if it doesn't clip would those 6/8 Db sound a bit harsh to human ears?Please note that I have this prob mostly during solos when I want to have high notes to sound loud but with a smooth end at the same time

So long story short :D
    If I decrease the gain to stay below the 0db threshold the sound is too tiny and I feel like I'm
    not using the kemper as the best of its potential. If I increase the gain it sound good but maybe too harsh on high notes.

I m sure you guys have a better recording knowledge than me and could maybe help me out with this.

Ps: I play a standard Gipson les Paul (2 humbuckers pick up)

Thank you
    Marco