Posts by marcozzz

Hello everybody , Im having a pretty big problem here.
    trying to reamp using spdif , i have one from the out of the kemper to the in of the focusrite 6i6 and another cable from in to out.
    First of all I've read other forums and read the manual as well, I ve set logic to 44.1 and did the same with focusrite mix control 44.1 sample rate .

on the kemper output I' ve set git/stack and in logic Ive created 2 tracks , on one the input 5(which is the one I use to play) gives me a dry track and on another the input 6 (which should be the stack) gives me an horrible noise , I can barely hear the distorted guitar on the background but the noise is very bad. i tried to decrease volumes either in the kemper than in mix control but nothing , tried to decrease clean sense but nothing noise is always there.
    The biggest problem is that I cant experiment changing parameters for too long cuz after 5 sec the focusrite clip and it disconnect from logic pro , the mix control wont open again till i restart the computer and most of all now the 6i6 its not working anymore (its on but its not recognised anymore from my Imac)
    now i switched everything off for a while cuz maybe it was overheat or something but I ve bought this interface only cuz i wanted to use spdif so Im raging right now, I hope its not broken.

do you know what am I possibly doing wong?

ok its a bit awkward but ill leave it anyway just in case someone else has a brain fart like i had . i can make it sound now , on the output the kemper was set to SPDIF volume minus infinite , i dont know if its default or i did move it there , so now is set to 0 db and its working well (i think i ve got confused as i could get the sound so last thing i could think about was a volume issue)
    thank you anyway zapman !!

Hello guys I need your help please!
    I just bought a scarlet focusrite 6i6 , I’m trying to use the spdif for the first time but all I can get is just the dry signal and I don’t know why! Whenever I change profilers the sound is always dry.

Here what I have now: my guitar is connected to the front of the kemper , my spdif is going from the output (on the back of the kemper) to the spdif input of my focusrite .

The kemper input is set to front input (nothing change if I move it from there I still get only the dry signal)
    The kemper output is set to SPFID output git/stack , I have the dry sign for all the GiTs but no sound at all for all the others (master mono, master stereo ecc)
    My monitors are connected to the line outputs 1/2 of the focusrite

On the focusrite mix control i ve set 44.1 as simple ratio.
    The only way to hear a sound for my monitor is to select playback 1-2 (all other settings wont work) which is fine I guess
    Line outputs set on custom mix 1-2 or playback 1-2 to get a signal otherwise zero
    SPDIF output on custom mix 1-2 or playback 1-2

When I create a new audio track in logic the only input who works is 5+6 ( no sound from all the others)
    Output set on output 1+2

As I said it doesn’t matter what I do all I get is a clean sound , if I change profiler nothing change and if I select spdif out stak/mod/master I’m getting no sound at all.

What am I doing wrong? (I ve never used mix control before)

Thank you for your time !
    Marco

Hello guys
    is there any Logic Pro X user who could give me an help here? (im a complete noob with logic)
    I was recording for a while whit a sample rate of 44.1khz but then i ve changed the sample ratio to 88.2 or 96 instead and it sound MUCH better to my ears . the problem is that when i export the song logic tells me i need to convert my file to 48khz .
    How does it work? which are the setting to get the best quality sound from logic?
    thanks in advance

actually no , its all fine in the kemper , the focusrite and logic as well , nothing is clipping.
    I appreciate your help guys but I ve been playing and trying different profiles , some of them sound good but to be honest with you i really think the monitors are the problem here
    I ve been reading other posts and i ve found ppl complaining about the maudio bx5 for being thin and fuzzy which is what i have also ,I just dont like em at all, , I feel like I have a ferrari and Im driving at 20 km/h .
    I think im gona wait till black fri and buy a pair of yamaha hs8 or something similar , so if you have some suggestions about good monitors I would appreciate that.
    cheers guys

i ve played a bit with levels in the output section and its a bit better , as long as I dont go too loud otherwise it starts making a big mess, it seems over distorted . I dont know like , its fine but nothing compared to the headphones , when im on the headphones i could play for 10 hours in a row with the monitors after half an hour i feel like thats enough.

I tried to connect the monitors straight to the kemper but its pretty much the same ( i connected the monitor to the main output left/right on the back of the kemper) in the kemper i go to the output section and i l set the main output on master stereo (everything else is off) and master volume around -15 db@

( @nightlight i use logic pro x , what you mean easy to determinate? i always make sure nothing is clipping on the focusrite and on logic as well)

Hi @DonPetersen im playing a bit with the parameters in the output section of my kemper and it sounds a bit better , i think the signal was too hot so i heard it distorted from the monitors , now is set to minus 15 db . Im reading other posts trying to understand how to set and understand all the other levels (bit confusing)
    at the moment I have the main output set on master stereo and everything else off (monitor ,direct ,spdif)
    tomorrow i ll have a bit more time to try things up but id prefer to connect the monitors directly to the focusrite or otherwise i wont be able to hear what im recording.

I m gona try that thanks ! but the reason why i go mono is because when i record i play the same track twice and then pan em hard right hard left so i actually get the stereo sound but im still not happy . its hard to explain its pretty distorted theres background noise it just doesnt sound good to me, thats why as i said i was thinking about buying new monitors , the maudio are not bad but i feel like if I bought an amazing camera but im mounting a bad lens on it.

Hi @sercho !
    unfortunately the 2i4 doesnt have spdif so what i have at the moment is

1/4 jack ( mono) from the Main Output (left) of the kemper into the scarlett
    monitors are connected to the scarlett by 2 XLR to 1/4 inch cables also mono (the 1/4 inch end goes into the scarlett)
    I must confess i m a complete noob when it comes to this things

cheers

Hello everybody i hope u are keeping well , I have a couple of questions i hope you can help me out with.
    my setup : kemper powerhead connected to a scarlett focusrite 2i4 solo and (at the moment) I'm using 2 Maudio BX5 monitors (connected to the scarlett also) I then record everything in logicX.
    My prob is that the sound i get from that set up is not even close to what i get when i play using headphones ( its actually quite crap )and for that I'm blaming the Maudio Monitors , so i m thinking about getting something better.
    questions are

1 do you think the problem are actually those monitors or may be something else ?
    2 which monitors would you suggest ? I ve read good reviews about the yamaha Hs7 and 8 would i notice a big change using em instead?

please notice i only play at home in my room and what I'm looking for is just for home recording and mixing so can't really go too loud with the volume and i don't do live gigs or anything like that.

Thank you for reading guys

@and44 tried to register on your website , i choose a password but when trying to put it then it dint recognised it. and now i get a message saying "you IP has been locked out"!!!! (thats pretty annoying ........so whats gona happen now, will I be locked out forever?