Posts by MetalMauce

For me I was specifically looking for the SIT and SSOASS sound.
    This thread was started to find that sound, but of course feel free to post/request anything about any other Maiden albums.

The closest I could get to that SIT sound is based on the JMP-1.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Some good advice here. Thanks for the responses.

Of course the best is to lower down the volume or what also works for us is facing guitarist opposite sides of the room so that your cab is on the other side screaming in your face.
    When standing in front of the cab the sound passes at knee height.

But the thing is that I found a workaround done in the Kemper and apparently I'm not the only one thinking of this solution.

Thanks for your help! I'll stick with my current way of working.

Hi,

When reheasring we play really loud, that loud that I need to set my gate to 6.7 in order to keep it silent when needed.
    However this of course affects the sustain which is really noticeable when soloing.
    As a workound I change my gate settings when morphing to my solo sound so that apart from adding delay and changing EQ it also brings down the gate threshold.

This seems to work fine for me but I was wondering whether this is the right approach gate-wise or is there any other or better way to deal with this?

Hi,

My KPA is on the desk when at home.
    I've setup my rigs in that way that to switch to my solo sound I morph my tone using the KPA remote (just adding delay and change EQ with morph time set to 0).
    Now when behind my desk I don't want to have the remote on the floor just for that purpose.

Is there a way to switch to the 'morphed-side' of a rig without using the remote?
    Can it be done with one of the buttons on the KPA?

Just wondering....

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Only one guitar track recorded with one of the profiles, just a bit of delay and reverb added, no mixing or editing done.

Angle Powerbowl (Pack)
    Trying to recreate the sound of the ENGL Powerball 1st edition.

Pack notes:

• 19 DI profiles
    • All 4 channels included (Clean, Crunch, Lo Lead and Hi Lead).
    • Powerball specific settings such as Bright, Bottom and Focussed are included
    • Maxon OD808 pedal
    • Profiles are taken from the output of the poweramp, so no CAB coloring.
    • Choose your own CAB profile to use with these profiles.

Get the pack here: https://www.ampiretones.com/downloads/angle-powerbowl/
    Use code:'POWEROFF50'

DI Profile packs only have the pre-amp and poweramp parts, so indeed no CAB.
    When loaded in your Kemper you can add a cab of your own choice.

The tonematched profiles do have a cab in the profile in order to get to the tonematch as close as possible
    The tonematched profiles are based on real amps,
    If available we take the same or similar amp that the band or artist used or an alternative amp that comes closest to that sound.

I've put a short improvisation together to demo some sounds (including crunch and clean).
    Only 1 guitar, no backtrack, no extra stomps, just a bit of delay and reverb.
    And since it's a DI profile I had to add a CAB profile, in this case a Mesa 4x12 (v30)
    I think this is a very underrated amp, it is a very versatile amp.

I've found the issue.

It seemed that the volume of DIrect Send was too low.
    Funny enough although it's obvious to have enough volume on direct out, it's nowhere mentioned to check this. You won't find hints in this direction.
    Also, I didn't realize volume was too low because even though the level was to low I still could hear the wobbling sound during profiling.
    So being able to hear the wobbling sound doesn't have to mean that the Direct Send volume is loud enough.
    A lesson learned.

Thanks for your help

Thank you for your feedback. Nice to hear the rig works for you.
    The plan is to capture all channels (clean, crunch, lo gain and hi gain) so you'll be fine with the pack.

Hi,

I'm planning to release a DI profile pack of the ENGL Powerball (first edition with the improved gate).
    The pack will have 3 clean rigs and 16 rigs with distortion on all 4 channels covering all Powerball functions such as focussed-channel, bright, bottom boost.

However, I'd like to share a preview with the community here to give it a try before I will release the pack.
    It's a DI profile so you can use your own CAB profile on it.
    This profile is of channel 3 (LoLead channel) with a Maxon OD808 for extra boost.

I'm sharing this rig with the community so anyone interested can try this profile.
    In return I'd glad to receive you comment. Any comments are welcome.
    Also, would you be interested in the whole pack?
    Just let me know.

I've put some sounds together in a small demo.

Thanks in advance for your feedback

I did use the proper speaker output of the amp (8 Ohms in my case).

When I connect the XLR to my Focusrite I can hear the wobbling sound used for profiling
    But, the strange thing is that through my headphone I can't hear that sound.
    Also, selecting 'Reference Amp' or 'Kemper Amp' in Profiler mode is not giving me any sound through the headphones.
    The guitar tone from Amp to the Cab works fine and I can hear the wobbling profiling sound coming out from the cab as well.

I was doubting one of the cables was faulty but then the wobbling sound should not be audible on the focusrite and the cab so that can't be the problem.
    Are there any mandatory settings in the Kemper for making Direct Profiles?

Any clues?

I'm having exactly the same problem, I'm sure I connected it right
    I'm trying to make a DIRECT AMP PROFILE using the Kemper DI box.
    So just the pre-amp and power-amp skipping the cab (no mic is used in my setup)

My setup is as follows:
    Kemper Direct out -> Maxon 808 In -> Amp input
    Amp output (after poweramp 8 Ohms where you would connect to the cab) -> Kemper DI 'FROM AMPLIFIER".
    Kemper DI 'TO CABINET -> Cabinet In
    Kemper DI 'PROFILER INPUT' XLR -> Kemper 'RETURN INPUT' (XLR).
    No laptop with rig manager connected.

The test connecting send and return (shorcut) suggested by @DonPetersen did result in a clean profile succesfully.

I turned up the volume while profling and it did finish the profiling stage in some cases.
    In the case where it succeeded and did a 'refine profile' afterwards and press STORE to save the profile but somehow the RIG meta data showed data of one of the profiles that was already existing on the Kemper.

Now I'm totally confused because:

• Why does profiling only intermittently succeeds?
      How loud does the amp need to be set to?
    • Why in the case a profile was created succesfully when I store the profile (without making modifcations in the AMP TAGS) it shows AMP TAGS from a complete different profile that is already on the Kemper

Thanks in advance.
    Mauce

Hi,

I've been trying to make a Direct Amp profile using a Kemper DI box but somehow there is no signal on the DIrect Out.
    I followed @DonPetersen tips mentioned here: ERROR profiling amp. (No external amp connected or volume too low)
    But still no luck, when I connect DIRECT OUT and RETURN INPUT directly it makes a clean profile, so that works.
    Maybe the Kemper DI Box is broken? I just got it new from the Kemper storen.

My setup is as follows:
    Kemper Direct out -> Maxon 808 In -> Amp input
    Amp output (after poweramp 8 Ohms where you would connect to the cab) -> Kemper DI 'FROM AMPLIFIER".
    Kemper DI 'TO CABINET -> Cabinet In
    Kemper DI 'PROFILER INPUT' XLR -> Kemper 'RETURN INPUT' (XLR).

So I've connected everything correctly, right?

I've been searching the manuals and this forum but couldn't find any answers to the question below:

• To which output of the Amp should I connect the 'FROM AMPLIFIER" line of the Kemper DI? 8 Ohms or 16 Ohms? I guess 8 Ohms will be fine right?
      Why is there no signal coming from the "DIRECT OUT" line? While profiling I get the message 'could not profile, either no amp is connected or volume to low'.
    • Do I need to set specific output settings for eg. Direct Out to a specific setting when I want to make a Direct Amp Profile?

Thanks in advance.

For free (and IMO very good) Gallien Krueger 250RL profiles check:

External Content www.youtube.com

Could be a good starting point for your tone search :)

Cheers

That's a great video! Good playing, good tone. I just subscribed to your channel and sent you an email.
    Thanks in advance.

aren't we talking of two different things here. One simulates an accoustic guitar and the other simulates an accoustic amp. But having said this there are some rigs that sound pretty good on the Exchange. I do use them in my Setup for some accoustic Floyd Songs with Telecaster Pickups :thumbup:

You;re correct it;'s two different things but both for the benefit to achieve a acoustic sounding tone.