Posts by Basti1987

M Vave Chocolate should work too.. If I find the video again, I will link it. Comes around 30 EUR.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hey guys,

im going for the Rockboard Quad 4.2 since I plan on using my trusty old effect pedals again (which I sent to retirement since I got the Profiler Head :D)...

Since I got my big pedalboard back: do you have a recommendation for a stereo DI? I plan on going stereo out from the player but cant find a got stereo DI.

So I am diving deep into setting everything up for the first 3 hour gig with the little monster, but I am quite stuck: how do I assign a delay to footswitch 3 (physical footswitch number 3 to be clear). I assign the delay on Slot 3 to FX2, then I press effect button 3 and FX2 and it should be assigned I assume. Funny thing is: I can now switch delay on and off but the LEDs wont show me, that I am switching.

Another weird behaviour I noticed was that if I set the third footswitch to toggle effect 4, I could use effect 4 WITH LEDs. It only wont work on slot 3.

What did I do wrong here?

Answer from CK:

"So that's a story that I wanted to deal with anyway!

The message "Not Charging" on Apple devices is unfortunately a bit misleading.

Every Profiler device supplies up to 500 mA of current through the USB A connector. This is what a regular phone charger delivers.

When you connect an iPad on such a source, it will tell you "Not Charging", because your iPad is switched on, showing that message, and drawing most of the currrent for the device itself, being powered. Not much additional (or no) current is left for charging the battery in parallel.

Now if you switch off your iPad, it will charge using the full 500 mA! But the display is off and would not inform you about that. That's a paradox :)

Thus you can charge any device on a Profiler up to 100% if there is enough time. But you should keep it switched off during that time.

But you can also keep a device powered for an indefinete time, it it does not draw too much current. It would not charge then, but it also would not discharge the battery.

The rule of thumb is, the larger the screen, and the brighter, the more current the device draws.

I did a test with my iPad Pro 11' a couple weeks ago to power it with my Profiler. I checked and adjusted the screen brightness so that the battery would not discharge, which took some time. Then I let the iPad run with the Profiler Rigmanager App running for 11 hours. It worked!

The screen brightness was only at one third, but that was still bright enough for a dim stage. The battery load came up from 76% to 82% in these 11 hours. So merely charging, but not discharging. If it was discharging slowly, the screen brightness would draw a bit more than the 500mA of current, and the battery had to support it, until it was empty.

The iPad showed "Not Charging" for 11 hours, which is about a true statement.

If I had a smaller tablet, such as an 8' Kindle Fire, I could have the screen brighter, at the same current.

So it is possible on stage to have a tablet with editor powered by the Profiler the whole night including sound check.

CK"

I would expect the "normal" USB (A) out for charging. As I said: my phone will charge through that port, my tablet wont (it holds battery still). Some information would be really handy since I plan on using my tablet (not my phone) for gigs ;)

Hey guys,

just wondering: from the marketing materials I found that the player should charge a tablet via the USB-A port. I could get my phone charged but my iPad just says "wont change". It seems to have enough power to prevent the battery from draining but I assumed that it should be able to charge the tablet as well (slowly).

I also did not find any description inside the manual on how much current ist being delivered through the USB-A.

Hi guys,

since I did not finde anything regarding this topic or my search was not intense enough:

my player hopefully ships within the next days (ordered on release day :) ) and I plan to connect my Mission expression pedal for volume / wah-stuff. On top of that I would like to use my two chanel footswitch (TRS).

Is there any chance to somehow daisychain the expression pedal and the footswitch?

On my Powerhead I connect both pedals to the Kemper Remote, but on two different channels..

Hey guys,

after using my remote for a while now it began to loose some of the background light. It is not completely off, but it is WAY much darker then it was before. If i pressed slightly onto the little bar, which sits right below the display (the thing that prevents us from stepping on the display) the light shines bright again for a moment until i raise my foot again.

Did some of you ran into a similar issue or do you have some suggestions what I could try to solve the issue? My remote unfortunately, is out of warranty :(

Hopefully I am right here: just set up my Kone. Moved to the Output settings in the Kemper, told him to set Monitor out as Master Mono, but I dont here anything through the Kone. If I set it to "Guitar and Processing" it will sound as expected.

What am I missing here?

EDIT: Reboot of the Kemper solved the issue... Made an update before and did not reboot.

Just to let you guys know how I ended up solving my "problem":

The input parameters will work fine but I could not handle the fact, that my profiles did not sound nearly identical between my low output guitars and my "high" output guitars (no active pickups here, all passive) in terms of how hard they drive the preamp / the profile.

So I ended up using a clean boost pedal first and now a Shure GLD16, which you can use to raise or lower the output gain.

Thanks for all your replies :)

Hi, this seems great! I already got the Yamaha MD BT01 and will try to configure ForScore before our next gig.

I have some questions, regarding the ForScore usage you described if you don't mind.

Do you send only thePerformance Number change from the ForScore, the Slot number or both, and do you still use a remote controller?

For instance when you flip in the ForScore app to a certain page where the solo begins can you switch to the "Lead" slot? This seems a little too complex for me. Actually I would only send the performance number when switching to a new song in ForScore and choose the slots using the remote. In fact I don't know if ForScore can send MIDI messages also when flipping the pages in a pdf file.

Thank you in advance.

Sorry for being late, I just noticed your question :)

I send both: performance and slot. I use it like this at the moment:

When switching to the next song I select the lead sheet in ForScore and then press the Midi-Button I layed down onto the sheet (You can assigne a Midi program change to these colorful buttons). I do this because I dont always want to change the performance and slot just by turning pages in ForScore but you could do this if you would like to.

After selecting the performance/slot for the song we are about to play I'll do the rest on my remote since I followed Kempers recommendation here: each part of the song gets its own slot - especially the solo ;). So when soloing I'll just hit my remote on Slot 5 (my default solo slot) and go for it.

You could do this in ForScore as well, but for me hitting the remote always seems easier than pressing a button since my fingers are always busy playing guitar ;)

If we played on click or by using something like ableton live I would maybe let ableton activate my solo slot and flip the pages for me but since we dont use this kind of setup I leave everything as it is, since I am really happy!

At the moment I have around 70 performances stored and I never have to worry about changing orders since I can finde the right performance by using ForScore - that is the main reason for me using ForScore and Midi.