Posts by musicmad

"Fun" fact: if the pedal is only able to cover 0-90% resistance wise and calibrate it at such, you ruin this if you unplug it while the profiler is on, because it briefly sees a full short circuit as the plug moves out.

I was discouraged by this so I didn't try my penny idea but I was wondering, if the controller "autocalibrates" what would be the need to calibrate it in the first place, you could just throw it in there and let it autocalibrate when it senses the range right?

Not quite :). It doesn't know if you are using the full range before you have shown it. IOW how should it interpret 0 to 20% range to begin with?

Had some delays on the full tracks for various reasons. But there's always time for a solo:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Still Reampzone JJ Keeley profile.

Is the Cabinet module Locked in Performance Mode? If so, any time you Store the Slot, the locked cabinet will be Stored.

BTW - If you want to contact support, they will most likely indicate they want you to update to the latest OS.

If I remember correctly it will only be stored in the rig that is currently active in the performance. So if you like the locked cab stored in all rigs in a performance you will have to do this five times. But maybe this has changed?

So, no original Rig/PROFILE gets overwritten as the title suggests. The reference Rig with PROFILE is maintained. The problem only exists in Rig Manager, not in the PROFILER itself. Rig Manager temporarily shows a wrong Rig Name. It is aligned after a restart of Rig Manager? Which OS and Rig Manager versions are involved?

I'm on latest beta as of today on both profiler and RM. Windows 10. Yeah it's possibly not related to the title - on the other hand it could add enough confusion to be misinterpreted.

This video shows two Rigs with identical names, but different creation dates. This is absolutely in line with my above statements. If there are two Rigs with the same name obviously the original Rig has not been overwritten. The name of the reference Rig gets suggested for the new Rig including the new PROFILE. If you don't edit the name on the edit screen, it assumes the same name as the reference Rig.

The PROFILER cannot automatically create a meaningful name for the new Rig by itself. You need to enter it. The name of the reference Rig is the default, which is convenient if you create multiple new PROFILEs of the same amp in a row and just vary settings, channel, microphone ... So you might intend to vary the names only partly.

Totally follow that. But please notice in the video that the name of the profile that was selected before profiling has been overwritten in RM with the new profile name. Do you understand what I'm trying to describe here?

I found this:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Apparently RM (briefly - a reload of RM fixes it) renames the profile you were on before profiling to the name of the new profile. So you end up with two profiles of the same name.

Could that be the source of the confusion? And could it be fixed please?

Just did a quick test:

External Content www.youtube.com

0-22 seconds (or so). Trying to see how the acceleration works. Seems rather unpredictable.

22-44 seconds (or so). Trying to hit <0.0> with relatively small movements. It keeps skipping <0.0> all together (only shows it once - I pass 0 numerous times) going from -0.2 to 0.3 etc. directly. Very frustrating :)

I suspect too though that some if it is due to the device being close to what it can CPU wise. If you try to do it while moving a wah/expression pedal it gets much worse.

there is acceleration already but I think it could be better calibrated to make fine tuning easier. Regardless pf any calibration I believe a specific button click to enter fine tune mode like RM would be a nice addition.

Yeah it sure feels like it. My point was I'd rather not have anything acceleration at all. Don't mind turning a knob a few times to get from -5 to 5 if that is what it takes.