Posts by michel poirier

I have an Gemini 2 and for me the EmPower make all the difference, really.
    My Kemper is unpowered model, so i using the main output in Stereo.

i don't like the tone harsh of just be FRFR (i tried it with Class D PA Loudspeaker, high quality)
    I like the tone of the real 2x12 closed cab trough and seperated Tube amp, but i losing all superb details of the FRFR when mid gain, low gain and clean profiles.
    So
    Gemini fix this by giving us a adjustment, the EmPower, mine is set at 70% FRFR, and it became perfect blend to me.
    When the Gemini is at 100% FRFR (flat), the tone is a bit too harsh (trebless), but the sound is dispersing very well vs PA Loudspeaker.
    When the Gemini is at 0% like guitar cabinet, it is like guitar cabinet, more mid, less treble,

For me this is the reason why i selected Gemini 2, the Empower adjustment vs buy Blueamp with on-off switch FRFR-GFR, RedSound or Friedman ASC12
    and it is stereo, this is a plus.
    Do get me wrong, Bleuamp, RedSound and Friedman are very good stuff, better in my eye than any PA Loudspeaker.

I am use to play Hi-Gain Mesa amp, and i like it when it loud and wide dispersion when playing Live.
    Gemini 2 does it, loud, nice hi-gain tone and dispersion, you can feel it and it is so clean at the same time.
    As i mentioned in a other post, for me, my search for a perfect match with Kemper is completed, done, finito, that it.
    And i am extremely satisfied.

i was using RCF Art 312, silent no fan, but not a good feel like real cab , i sold them.
    i switch to Mission Gemini 2
    for me, by far better, get the best of both worlds with a FRFR stereo class D amp with EmPower adjustment to tune perfectly for a tone that is not harsh.
    It feel and disperse sound like a real cab.
    Really, it make to difference.
    I which to try Blueamp, i didn't, i beleive that brand will be very good too.
    But i like the adjustment possibility instead of ON/Off switch like Blueamp offer FRFR /GFR

notice: Gemini 2 Live model have a air fan on the power supply inside, you can hear it when you don't play.
    I am not a studio player, mainly live player, and this bother me.
    I replaced this noisy power supply by an high quality no fan 24v power supply, no noise anymore, not heat, perfect and safe.
    if you don't feel ok to change it yourself, just buy the Studio model (no fan) but pay extra $$$ for to get it.

i found the solution of your problem, i had exactly the same issue.
    Mission Gemini 2 is the solution with the EmPower adjustment.
    It sound and feel like a real cab without loosing the FRFR benifit.
    It is Stereo, it work well.
    Have a look, for me it fix the issue.

After several test trail with different gears, PA Loudspeaker FRFR and guitar cab 2x12 with Tube amp with FX return for my toaster unpowered.
    I was not happy with both setup to get the real guitar tube amp cab tone and also keep the FRFR super crystal clean all subtile effect that Kemper give you.
    I play mainly live condition, no FOH, and i play loud with an rock to heavy rock band.
    I discussed with guys from Blueamp (nice product, but far from Canada, tax, duty, transport, time and $$$ to get a stereo set-up) and i can't test there products.
    issue is that the offer a FRFR / GFR switch (on-off)
    I discussed with guys from Redzone too, look interesting, about same comments as Blueamp
    I discussed with guys from Friedmann, ASC12, need too, not really an FRFR at the end, guys from Sweatwater do not recommanded fro my need, some customer complain too.

Finally with all consideration i decide to buy:

Mission Eng. Gemini 2 Live.

Guys, i am extremely happy with this stereo powered amp with his Coaxial speakers hooked to Class D amp and especially the EmPower adjustable pot.
    The secret of the perfect match to get best of both worlds (FRFR and GFR) is the EmPower adjustment, mind is adjusted at 70% Flat.
    It is amazing
    it disperse sound extremely well, it is very loud, it is feel like a real tube amp, superb feedback control, keep benefit of FRFR like PA Loudspeakers, Stereo, 2x12 closed cab.

I am use to play with Mesa boogie Dual recto with closed 2x12 cab and many other amps before,
    For me my several months of tests and search for the holy Grail is completed now.

Buy the way, this amp is not cheap, but less expensif than Blueamp at the end.

I also telling you a little secret of what i did on that amp.
    I turned my Gemini 2 Live model (air fan that is noisy) to a Gemini studio model (silence powered supply) and i save 550$ canadian.
    It took me 2 hours to do so, it is easy, safe, and it work
    I put a high quality power supply (no fan), 10A output, adjusted voltage to 24.0v, and i disconnected the supplied power supply that have an air fan (little noise when not playing).
    it cost me nothing since you can find this easily.
    Mind is an Omron power supply for PLC electric cabinet.
    No heat, no noise, filtered, 10A output, simple to connect on currents amp cables.
    if you cant do it yourself, just buy the Studio model and pay extra $$

voila.

how loud it is went playing with a live band (meaning the loud drummer)?
    at what volume level do you put your Gemini 2 when playing with band?
    still enough head room?
    Still keep the Kemper superb clean effect when playing md or low gain and clean sound profile?
    what about heavy hi-gain tone? do you feel it like a real tube amp and cab?
    not flat like a PA loudspeaker when turn up the volume, right?

I am joggling between Gemini 2 or Blueamp (want to be in stereo)

Guys I need your advise.
    Try to find the best cab for Kemper to recreate the feel and sound of hi-gain tube amp + cab when playing live with a band.
    and still not losing FRFR advantage of Kemper possibilities.

I hear very good comment about Blueamps powered cab, Especially the Spark ans Spark stereo.
    I don't hear much about the Beast model of Blueamps, do someone can telling more about that model?
    Beast vs Sparks?
    I also hear the Blueamps working on an powered stereo model of the Beast, does someone know about it?
    Better to be separated cab for Stereo or Blueamps all in one perform very well?

Mission Gemini 2 (powered stereo model), how it compare vs Blueamps?

i want to get powered cab that get the feel of real 2x12 cab when using hi-gain profiles and not losing the subtility of FRFR advantage.

Friedman ASC look interesting but it is not a FRFR and need to turn cab simulator off apparently. Your advise on it? How do you setup it and how it sound?

Blueamps will release an Beast stereo soon , how sound the current Beast and also the Sparks? Compare it to Friedman, which one is the best to get real feel like a real tube amp with cab?

I want to be in stereo. Wonder if one stereo cab or two seperated cab? Especialy the Blueamps cab.

I currently using the RCF Art312 in stereo. Nice for clean and mid-gain profiles, but hi-gain profile i feel that it never match my mesa dual recto with 2x12 vintage 30 cab.

Any advise?