Posts by Crimson Ghost

Welcome. I've had mine for a few months. You are entering a world of wonder and joy. If you came from a modeler, or real amp heads, and have experience with tweaking those units, you will find the Kemper to be incredibly intuitive. Any problems that I have had, have been overcome, thanks to the wonderfully helpful people on this forum.

At first I was a little tentative about spending the money on the unit. I came from many modelers in the past. Now, all I keep asking myself is why didn't I buy one sooner?

Enjoy.

I am loving it so far. Great to hear from another newbie. I started with modelers back with the Pod 2.3 and moved on to the Magicstomp. Then I got the pod hd500 when it first came out. I got my first tube amp a couple years ago. I noticed I was spending more time playing with the tube amp. The hd500 had me constantly tweaking to make it sound good. The Kemper has this same appeal to me. Once you get it set up it is even faster to play than the amp is. No letting tubes warm up.

I was a believer after a couple hours struggling with the Kemper. Once I found the pure cab option I was hooked. I would recommend everyone checkout the Big Hairy Profiles store. He makes some great profiles of obscure rack gear.

A certain level of fanboyism is unavoidable with a product like the Kemper. I made a post on the line 6 forum about the digital noise present in the helix. A few guys offered some great tips and then the thread was deleted before I could follow the advice.

The window crashed and apparently did not post my text. I got my Kemper a couple months ago following a year or more of research. I looked at the various Fractal Models and the Helix and even Head Rush before I made my decision. One day it became clear which to pick. I read a post on here about how the Fractal endorsers mostly use it for effects only and the Kemper endorsers use it for the amp. I wanted kickass amp tone and the Kemper delivers. I liked the Axe ut it is missing the feel that the Kemper has. I feel that the Helix doesn't hold a candle to either Axe or Kemper as far as amp models go. The interface seemed really intuitive and the routing was really flexible. Someone that needs fancy routing would probably do well with the helix. Another thing that stood out to me was the community here on the Kemper forums. I see people freely discus other brands all the time. The Fractal forum seemed very cult like and there is a lot of censorship. The Line 6 forum seemed to be filled with people with an inferiority complex. If you suggested there was any flaw with the Helix you would be flooded with fanboys defending it. The way they talk on there makes it seem like they think it isn't as good so they have to constantly reassure eachother it's the best. I don't see that around here so I know I made a good decision for my needs.