Posts by SQUAREHEAD

Hi, MentaL, I don't have any cab simulation attached to my monitor out, so, yes I agree…
    I guess what I'm wondering is, is there anything else I need to do except shutting the cabinet portion off for my monitor out?
    When all of these high gain profiles have been done with vintage 30 speakers there is something that is definitely not sitting right with the greenbacks…

I have a bunch of old Marshall cabinets with greenbacks and 2 Bogner cabinets with old greenbacks…
    Pretty much every single profile that has any gain to it uses vintage 30 s… And as you can imagine, they sound a little squirrley with my cabinets… Any ideas other than EQ?

My monitor output is set so that all the cab stuff is disabled, I'm not that stupid! LOL… Thanks a lot Dean, are these studio versions are completely different in tone, response and feel… Great stuff

OK, I just purchased these seven profiles and, yes, Guido is the man! These sound completely different through my Bogner 4×12 cabinets! Thank goodness! I thought I was losing my mind, Dean!!!
    Thank you, thank you so much for pointing this out, Dean! I would have missed it and just thought that my ears were completely messed up… :D
    They do sound fantastic! Way, way better thru cabinet than the merged ones, which sound completely wrong through my cabinets… So, these should be exactly the same as merged ones when I try them through my inner ear monitors, correct?
    Thanks again Dean! I could not figure this all out when you guys were praising Guido's profiles so much… But now I see and understand the difference between a merged profile and a studio profile, 8o

Thank you for explaining that, Dean… I appreciate it, Now I have a better understanding. I would agree with you that they sound great through my in ear monitors… I am just hoping that we do more and more gigs with out having to use cabinets!
    So, you are saying that these same profiles exist in studio version?

Dean, what's the difference between a studio set and merged set of profiles? I'm trying to get a handle on this…
    Would his studio profiles or merged profiles be best for live use?
    We are using in ear monitors tomorrow night so I will try out his profiles at gig as I don't have to use a cabinet!
    Keith

Hey guys, no... I have no idea how to share, yet...

First, I must apologize to Guido for my remark which I realize now, comes across somewhat negative,
    So, I must retract half of my post as I think Guido's profiles sound alright now that I have experienced them thru headphones and IEM's, but I had only tried them thru my Bogner 4x12 cabs with my powered Kemper and they are all mids and top end with no bottom end?!? I have never experienced profiles like these yet.

I have to say I am extremely bewildered some times at how good a profile can sound thru a cabinet, then sound horrific through the headphones, and in this case, the other way around… I just don't get it ?(
    I can't even eq them to sound great thru cabs... which is a shame, becuz I use cabs half the time I gig, for monitors.
    Maybe you guys could shed some light on this? I really don't understand it at all... Is it something to do with merged or studio profiles? I use the Kemper for gigs only and I find some profiles have a great tight bottom end which is great for live situations...

Ahhhh, yes, I see what you mean… For 25 years I used two 4×12 cabinets as my monitors on stage, so this whole 'in ear monitor' thing has thrown my brain for a real twist, Paul ;(
    I should have my Ultimate Ears UE7's next week… I am hoping they will change what I am hearing compared to these cheap Shure 215's I have been using!!

I run out of the right XLR microphone cable that I have my finger pointing in the picture, to the board/PA…
    I don't understand where I should have the sources set… Master mono? Master stereo? etc. etc. etc.
    Sometimes we use in ear monitors and other nights I use 4×12 Bogner as my monitor… when we use IEM, then obviously I get the exact feed from the board, and I am a little doubtful that I have things set up right because when I plug my IEM directly into Kemper headphone jack, my tone is different (better) than when it goes to board and back to my in ear monitors… my channel on PA/board is set completely flat.
    Where should I have all the outputs set on screen in picture?
    (I have read through all manuals, but I don't understand all the technical terms)
    ?( Thanks for any help you guys can shed on my ignorance
    Keith

Thank you for leaving older threads like this still active! I am so glad the modulation control is there in the delays, but I do not like on high gain tones at all, but for clean tones, absolutely stunning and beautiful! very nice to have the control option to switch it up as needed…
    :thumbup:

I know this is it a old thread but is there anyway to get the factory stock cabinets back? Somehow I deleted them ;(
    It's terrible getting old 8|

Wow, hjscheffler!! I am so sorry! Thank you thank you! Good idea, I looked everywhere and thought how nice it would have been…
    I read through the whole manual and I guess I missed it…
    I edited the thread title so some other old guys like me will find it