Posts by AndreCau

Thanks for your kind words and consideration Monkey_Man. Sorry I was so sharp. It happens that I am really frustrated about this whole situation.
    It is hard to believe that a product with such a high price tag could present such issues and from what I could gather from the discussions on this forum, it seems that mine is not an isolated case.

Funny how things played out... the reason why I decided to get a Kemper was to deal with something more reliable than my old vintage amps. As it happens, I have a bought a brand new, but deffective piece of gear which I cannot (easily) source parts or repair, in place of a 42-year old Marshall that I can send to the bloke next corner to have it fixed, and for which parts are not a major problem as I can stock valves, capacitors and other stuff quite easily.

Guess I was better off with my old junk...

Anyway, Kemper tech-support people have been very kind and are doing what they can to help. I will keep you guys posted on how I will manage to get out of this (if I ever manage).

Best,

Andre

Thing is probably it will cost me an arm and a leg to send it back to Germany, plus Brazilian customs will most certainly charge me a fortune on its way back.

Indeed Luntho. So far, that's also what I heard from the Kemper Support people. I still have to do a few more tests, but apparently I've got a deffective unit.
    Thing is I live in Brazil but got the KPA from Thomann in Germany. I am very concerned (desperate) that I may have ended up with a lemon which I won't be able to fix around here...
    Hopefully I will find I am doing something wrong and will make it work without needing to repair. Fingers crossed...
    Andre

Hi Zero, I strongly encourage you send a request for a supporting ticket to Kemper Amps. They have replied to me quite fast and have been very supportive.

Tonight I will grab my friend's Zoom recorder to try and do some recording. I am really looking forward to it. Will let you folks know how it goes.

Best

Andre

Thanks John.

I haven't read the whole manual, but my learning curve is a very slow one. Technology scares me a bit (a lot actually). I had very little time to experiment with things so I thought it wouldn't be wise take any risks. Foolish, I know...

I will do the resetting tonight and will let you know how it goes.

Ok - now I get it. I will choose another profile and do another recording.

John - I have not reset the system because I was afraid that I could mess things up before my gig. I try it on the course of this week.

How do I open a support ticket?

Guitar plugged in straight to the KPA, nothing in between.

I used my mobile to record those tracks. I still could not get hold of my friend's Zoom recorder.

All the lights on the stomp and effects are off, so I suppose the Frequency Shifter is disabled? How do I make sure that's the case?

My pickups are almost flat with the scratchplate, so not close to the strings at all.

Had my first gig with the KPA this weekend. Plugged it in a JBL desk with 2 12" EON speakers. I was quite frustrating... my band mates said they won't allow me to play with them anymore in case I turn up with the Kemper again! (of course they were joking...)

I am not blaming the KPA at all, but myself. I thought that it would be easier to find a profile that would suit me amongst the thousands available, either commercial or from the rig exchange. I am a sort of "plug in play" bloke when it comes to technology, so I am frustrated to realise that it will take me forever to get to terms with the Kemper... meanwhile will have to make ends meet with my old gear...

Thanks everyone for your help and support so far!

Andre

Thanks Dimi. Unfortunately I haven't got any recording equipment. Perhaps I will have to go to a professional studio for this.

Thanks for the noise gate tip. Will bring it down to see if things improve.