Posts by jazzmads

Hi everyone

I have used my profiler intensively for the last 6 years. I've just added stuff to it - maybe around 350 profiles and 50+ performances - and never really cleaned it out.

So far it hasn't let me down on a gig (fingers crossed) and working with the remote things seems fairly normal.

But working with the profiler either via Rig manager or just on the profiler itself, it occasionally freezes and gets really, really slow. Scrolling through profiles, effects etc switching between browse and performance mode often makes it freeze and the only solution is to turn it off. That makes editing during rehearsals impossible and it's overall beginning to feel like an old computer full of stuff not really interesting in starting up.

Every time I have updated to newest software the problem seems to get worse - it gets slower and tends to freeze more and more often the more updates I put in to it?

Would an overall formating/resetting help or should I clean it up a little and get rid of performances I don't use?

I updated to the newest software in August but I'm sure whether or not its a god idea to update again.

Hopefully there's a good advice out there.

Thanks in advance

Mads

Thanx Burkhard

wonder if it would be possible to connect the spare Profiler C to the rig manager belonging to profiler A, and get the needed performances. Then connect profiler C to rig manager belonging to profiler B and get the required performances without screwing both rig managers and all the settings.

Im doing a production with 2 guitar players. We each have our own Kemper with our individual profiles and performances. Is it possible to save our different settings and performances to 1

single spare Kemper for a backup - through rig manager or USB?

thank you

Jazzmads

The last couple of days I've been having weird issues with my unpowered KPA with the newest software. There is random volume drops - not a lot - 5-8 dbs. Holding a long distorted chord i can hear it dropping down and coming back up and dropping again. Like an odd compressor. It's doing it on all the different rigs i'm using in the performance even when there is no effect added. Could it be a volume pedal thing or have any of you guys had similar experiences?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Mads

Anyone have good success with Kemper and Suhr single coils?

Hi fenderjunkie

I've got the FL single coils in one of my HSS strats and the v60lps in another HSS strat(maple neck). Both sound great , - I'm not convinced about my SSH humbucker though. It sounds a little too compressed and narrow to me. . I have a bareknuckle Mule in the other one and that just have a more open sound in the Kemper. I find it a little easier to tweak in a great warm overdriven sound. Good luck with the one-trick-pony guitar.

I'm using Michael Britt's 62 deluxe for my jazz solos with my '51 gibson with flatwounds.

The new spring reverb is really amazing for that 60's type Wes/Grant Green feel. If you want to boost your solos, remember to put the booster in the effects chain so you don't boost the amp and make it crank. If you are going more modern "Rosenwinkel, Kreisberg"-type then add a long delay, lot of feedback but the mix fairly low.

For some reason my locked rig tempo changes when I use the tap-tempo on the remote. I'm doing a christmas tour at the moment - 1 performance for each set, and 5 different rigs set up that covers the music. On some of the rigs I want a fixed tempo and on some of them I need to to tap the tempo. Yes, I have read the manual and I'm pretty sure I'm doing it right - but obviously I'm not. When I tap a tempo in - lets say rig 1, and move on two rig 2 with a fixed rig tempo at 64, the tempo I tapped in remains and overrules the fixed rig tempo. I have unchecked the performance tempo box, checked the enable tempo box, unlocked and locked the tempo and stored. What am I missing?

Thank you so much for ongoing inspiration and thanks in advance for helping me out with this one.