profiler beginning to slow down and occasionally freezes

• Hi everyone

I have used my profiler intensively for the last 6 years. I've just added stuff to it - maybe around 350 profiles and 50+ performances - and never really cleaned it out.

So far it hasn't let me down on a gig (fingers crossed) and working with the remote things seems fairly normal.

But working with the profiler either via Rig manager or just on the profiler itself, it occasionally freezes and gets really, really slow. Scrolling through profiles, effects etc switching between browse and performance mode often makes it freeze and the only solution is to turn it off. That makes editing during rehearsals impossible and it's overall beginning to feel like an old computer full of stuff not really interesting in starting up.

Every time I have updated to newest software the problem seems to get worse - it gets slower and tends to freeze more and more often the more updates I put in to it?

Would an overall formating/resetting help or should I clean it up a little and get rid of performances I don't use?

I updated to the newest software in August but I'm sure whether or not its a god idea to update again.

Hopefully there's a good advice out there.

Thanks in advance

Mads

• Never had this kind of problem

The amount of Rigs don't shock me.

I've learnt that it can have an incidence on the reboot time to load every profiles but i didn't read something about a longer gap to change perfomances, etc....

• I suggest, you open a support ticket. This could be data or hardware related. You might receive instructions to backup and then reset the unit to as delivered state, to rule out a data issue first.