Posts by RushFan1976

Awesome, thanks Michael. Reamping isn't something I'll be looking to do myself but useful to know what's involved, thank you!

Hi Michael_dk,

Thank you for your response which I completely understand, I will proceed on your recommendation which is how I thought it would work. Thank you also for pointing out about the XLR to 1/4" TRS cables, I definitely wouldn't have known about that!

Just for my own understanding, would you mind explaining what 'reamping' is? I have heard it referred to many times but no idea what it actually means?

Can't wait to get started on my Kemper!

Thanks
    Simon

Hello,

After months of research, watching youtube videos, reading this forum I am now the proud owner of a Black Profiling Head (non-powered)!

I am a man with simple needs and a simple approach to technology, so please do excuse my lack of knowledge in such matters but I have a fairly rudimentary question about setting the KPA up with an audio interface to my iMac.

Essentially all I want to do is have my Kemper sit on my desk, connected to my Focusrite 2i2 audio interface, with my monitors plugged into the back of my 2i2 and then a USB connecting to my iMac. However, I am not entirely sure how best to do this as I have read about the SP/DIF output on the Kemper and unfortunately don't have that input on my 2i2 so wondered whether I should buy an AI that has this input?

Or do I connect the Kemper using analogue leads into the front inputs of my 2i2? (which is how I used to connect the Line 6 Helix before I sold it!).

I want to ensure I maximise the tones I get out of the Kemper and don't want a poor setup to hinder that if at all possible!

Many thanks