Posts by Bandicoot Thundersnatch

Hi vanguard,
    I asked myself the same question just days ago. In the past I played the sax a lot and I was very busy with several bands. Then I moved to big cities and small apartments, with thin walls and angry neighbours... so I started to play the electric guitar, because you can practice in silence. I love the instrument, i love playing music, but unfortunantely my working schedule does not leave any room for band practice any more. -> same situation: intermediate guitarist, strong affection for gear, but playing at home, forced to choke it to TV volume 100% of the time. Quite frustrating if you like good tone. Bought the THR10 - really liked it for what it does - wanted more. Trying the Kemper was my salvation. Brilliant tone at any volume. But am I worthy? It does so much things that I won't use, so can I justify the cost? Or should I stick with the THR, look for concrete walls in my next apartment and buy a nice guitar for the meantime?

But if you think about it, the Kemper makes that decision quite easy. First, it sounds amazing - I will use and enjoy it every day. It is perfect for home use, at TV volume no tube amp is really an option. In the moment the only way I know (other than the axefx and stuff...) to get classic amp sounds at home that are actually convincing. A good tube amp can cost the same as the Kemper and I would definitely buy even a 1 channel 3 knobs tube amp for that price, if I clould use it to its full potential at home. -> Kemper already justified.

And then you get so much additional functionality, that could be of use in the future: band practice, recording, gigging, no problem. So just in case you come to that point again, you don't need to buy new gear... erm.... i mean, you don't need to replace your amplifier... obviously you'll need a brand new guitar, that fits the colour of the band logo and while shopping for that you'll buy another one, because it sparkles and that would be nice on stage...

So yeah, benefit/cost ratio probably a lot higher than all my other gear purchases before. In my opinion definitely justified, even if you only use the great bedroom amp capability. I am going to buy one in the next few weeks, as soon as i have time to go to my local music store during opening hours. Only thing that buggs me is the fear for a potential Kemper2 and that the old one might not get any software updates from that point and that new profiles won't be compatible to the original. I recently started a thread about that concern in this forum. The response was helpful as always, people here still haven't heard hints to a new model. Even if it comes at next NAMM, looking at the Kemper policy, chances are there that the original will still get some software love.

Hi guys,
    I will join the family very soon, the kemper seems to be the perfect solution for me and my hyper-sensitive neighbours. I plan using headphones first, until I can afford some decent studio monitors. Question: anyone ever tried to use high impedence headphones with the kemper? I have the bayerdynamic t1s, they sound good and they do have a quite flat response. But for some reason they seem to be a bad fit for my yamaha thr10 - cleans sound awesome, slight breakup sounds okay, distorted sounds sound incredibly broken (like if you'd have added another fuzz pedal on top). Anyone ever tried those headphones with the Kemper? Or different ones with 600 ohms?

Thanks for your replies, i really appreciate it!

Hi guys!
    First things first: thank you for making this community as great as it is! You invest a lot of time in answering questions, which really helps people, me included. I already learned so much about the profiler, a device that I crave to take home with me since the first time I played it! Unfortunately, the glorious day has yet to come. I am one of these typically poor students, living in the city with the highest rent/m2 of my country, spending the largest portion of my time working long nights doing science (of course without a salary - which would only distract a good scientist from full dedication to his work... yeah...). Similar to the Kemper, my nobel price has yet to come, so I had to save for ages, but next month I am finally ready to purchase one of these green boxes of joy!

To make a long story short: I am afraid of next NAMM. Obviously, with enough spare money available, waiting even just another week seems impossible. But then again, the profiler is quite old. If Kemper comes out with a Mark II in January, that makes you sound like Bonamassa while serving coffee, curing cancer and kicking Donald Trump in his butt... I'd be quite depressed... But well, the old Kemper will still be good! So I keep telling me that to justify my impatience, works quite well, but one thing would really hurt -> when the Kemper II arrives with both of its 4k OLED screens and built-in strymon effect units - will firmware updates be exclusively for the new one? Will new profiles be downward compatible?

I know, I know, questions concerning a new Kemper model are kind of pointless... nobody knows this stuff other than the Kemper people themselves, who will remain quite for good reason. But I thought, maybe there are some dudes among you, who have similar thoughts and like to share what's going through their minds - a group therapy of sorts. And then maybe some other dudes with vast technical knowledge join and actually provide some useful information based on the architecture of the Kemper. So here are some stupid but fun questions:

-did anyone from the Kemper Team ever said sth. about a new model?
    -Are there some signs that hint to a new Kemper? Any parts in the device, that aren't produced any more? Any big proceedings/new trends in the DSP department? Any competitor with incredible features that the Kemper misses (just kidding)?
    -what about downward compatibility - what are your thoughts? Anyone from Kemper ever said sth? Are there some hardware changes that would be likely in a new model that could lead to compatibility problems?

Just use your crystal balls and write your thoughts, maybe we can figure out sth. useful! thanks a lot in advance :)!