Posts by e1614e36a3b051571d61cb8fdc50c4becad982a2

Hi guys

InGolf the idea is to remove the momentary activation away from the back button on the Kemper as it's awkward and I sometimes end up either hitting a patch change or the WAH (assigned to button two on the back of the Kemper pedal)

I have been using it in the loop and being triggered by the Kemper remote since I purchased it and it works perfect... But the damn profiler pedal is to small for my feet.

I was hoping to have two switches next to the pedal so I bypass the need for the back buttons completely.

Dug

Sounds like an option to use the expression pedal as I have two, didn't think of that at all..... Let me try.

Cheers guys

Mike

Hello all

I've been gigging with the kemper foot pedal and finding it really frustrating to use. First off the up and down banks are the wrong way around for me and secondly and more importantly when trying to press the back set of button for turning on and off or momentarily activating an effect like the FreqOut I end up changing patch or turning the wah on.

I was wondering if there was a pedal to replace those back buttons that I can attach to the inputs on the pedal.

This is made worse by me also singing and my damn hair getting in the way of my eyes too lol, so hoping I can bring the 4 back pedals forward.

Cheers all

Mike:thumbup:

I just watched a video that increased my knowledge of the guitar and thought i’d share it.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Wow, tried it and alone the picking sped my playing up.... Subscribed.

Hey man

My process varies depending on where the idea comes from. I find if I am struggling with a chorus when I have nailed the verse I move away from the computer, get an acoustic and start to just play the riff until it developed. I find removing the effects and the amp sometimes lets me be creative from what's inside rather than how the sound makes you play.

For example I write Grunge (AIC and STP) and Hard Rock style music with a bit of Tool/APC mixed in. If I load up the Zakk Wylde patch I tend to write really heavy music, if I load up a Friedman or the AFD100 the sound makes me play different almost more blues.

I know from experience of how I write that the initial idea is very rarely part the song in the end. It may spark a chorus that no longer fits the verse so I change the verse. Let the song develop naturally without being precious.

I also do what some have suggested, record and try other parts over the top.

One thing I never do is bang my head against a song. Sometimes I will walk in, nail a cool verse then walk off, grab a cup of tea, watch a movie and then a quarter of the way through go back in with a chorus idea.

Loads of ways to write, it's about finding what works for you.

Mike

Dug

Totally agree and the reason I never take it to a gig unless I absolutely have too. In rehearsal though I like the power and the air.

True about the Kemper, rediculas how many options you have. Want to run a guitar cab with IEMs and some monitors just in case the amp can't be heard the IEMs fail or become tiring or the monitors are not good enough, why not.

It's the best piece of kit I have ever purchased. At gigs I find the FOH guy takes ages to get the guitars right, I plug on my Kemper, play a few riffs and I'm done.

Mike

Hi Chris

I do it slightly different.

I purchase DI profiles of an amp, the one I use is the Zakk Wylde Marshall. I then use that DI profile with my Marshall 4x12 with GT-75s in via the power amp out. I then twin the DI profile with a profiled Marshall 4x12 with GT-75s seperated from the same providers Studio profile so when recording or sending a signal to FOH there is continuity in sound; also helps when tweaking.

The reason I do this is when sharing gear with another band I can have the FOH push the signal to the monitors so I don't have to use someone elses cab.

The other reason I do it this way is FRFR doesn't sound "inspiring" to me when the rest of the band are playing. I also miss the air and the power in the room. IEMs are great if the whole band use them but no one wanted to in our band so when I had them on it was extremely disconnecting from the band. I also lost a bit of my mojo a bit when playing.

Loads of ways to get what you want from the Kemper. I don't change amps much when recording and stick to only 3, Zakk Wyled, AFD100 and the Demester and all sound good this way.

Mike

Afternoon all

I have been using a 4x12 Marshall with my Kemper to great effect but due to downsizing my car I need something smaller for rehearsal and gigs.

I own a DXR10 for vocals so purchased a second one for just the guitar signal and really missed the cab during rehearsal.

I am now looking at 2 x Orange 1x12 cabs (ppc112) for portability.

My question is this, the cab is rated 60watt @16ohms but for me to run two with the powered Kemper I would need to connect them serially (Kemper power amp out to Cab1- Output from Cab1 to Input Cab2). Would this now be at 8ohms with a power rating of 120 watts?

Sorry for the dumb question.

Mike

Hi

So originally I set the patches up using Rig Manager and found the constant disconnection using USB between Rig Manager and the Profiler meant the amps on the Profiler didn't reflect what was in Rig Manager unless I restarted Rig Manager every x amount of changes.

So I spent hours selecting a performance slot, locking the effects, changing the amp, storing the slot then I moved on to the next slot until all amps had changed. My final profiles were:

1-15 sound when recording
    20 - 28 patches with JCM800
    30 - 38 same patches but with JJ100
    40 - 48 Same patches but with JCM800ZW

The 40 - 48 I know I never finished as these where new changes but 30 - 38 I know I changed directly on the profilers as I have using these at practice for a few weeks.

Revert back means that the entire performance has changed so the amp name, the amp sound etc. So it is like I have copied an entire performance, changed the amp on all 5 slots from JCM800 to JJ100 and after a few weeks the entire performance has reverted back to the one I originally copied.

All slots were saved as I had been using them for weeks.

I am going to set them back up again and see if this happens again and if so contact support.

Firmware is the last full release, not the beta with the new reverbs.

Hope that explain

Hi all

Today I started to notice a strange issue.

I created 8 performance for 8 separate songs all using a JCM800 amp of various gain stages. I have been using these patches for several months.

Recently I purchased JJ100 profiles and I liked them so much I copied the above 8 performances into there own slots and began changing the amps to the JJ100.

All done I thought, for weeks this has been working perfectly until today when 6 of the 8 patches seemed to revert back to there previous state of using the JCM800.

Has anyone experienced this issue? I have noticed Rig Manager cocks the patches up so I make all of these changes directly on the Kemper.

Thank you.

Mike

Dude

These profiles are beyond fantastic. Since purchasing them I keep coming up with riffs in my head that seem to translate well to the guitar. I keep sitting on the couch, suddenly getting up and improvising some seriously hard rock riffs, lovely tones; the pinched harmonics with vibrato sound so nice.

I can vouch for that Zakk Wylde sound, we started a cover of No More Tears and you can not differentiate between my sound and the album tone.

Cheers dude, that's the Zakk and the Cantrell that have really impressed.

Mike

Not sure why the text changes font size!

Hey man

I HAve to agree, I have suffered all of these things to the point I no longer use Rig Manager.

I stopped using RM about a month ago when I copied 10 performances from slot 1-10 to slot 20- 30 as I wanted to change all amps to a new pack for testing in the studio. I was more than annoyed when it deleted performance 1 and 20 (the entire lines). I had created a backup so restored the Kemper via Rig Manager to find the performance was not there so had to rebuild the entire song from scratch.

I think most of the issues come from Rig Manager losing connectivity to the Kemper as this happens a lot. I will start to use RM, everything is fine, then suddenly I start to save (new performance, slot order, different amp) and RM does not reflect what's on the Kemper. I always have to restart RM, I have tested this with multiple USB cables, multiple revisions of RM, usb3, usb2, USB passive and active hub and also multiple computers.

I just came to the conclusion that the Kemper is fantastic, I mean out of this world, but the software development or the USB implementation is not quite up to scratch (be that RM or the USB)

For the record this is only in performance mode, auditioning amps is never a problem.

As an aside it has really taught me to understand the Kemper interface from the screen and I must say I have very little use for RM apart from auditioning.

Hope you find a resolution

Mike