Posts by Alienator

Well... no, I would like to turn that around forever. If guys think they do not "need" a successor, then the successor is not for them. That's fine (they maybe never played in a U2 tribute band, btw). But others simply "need" a successor with all the bugs from generation one removed plus more and better features so that the unit can finally do everything on the same high level it can do amp sound as a standalone unit in 2022 (to 2037). Sometimes you only realise what you "need" when you get it and have it front of you. It is only then you realise that you never want to go back and you cannot imagine how you used to live and make music without that innovation.

A touch screen is the last thing I think of when I think about the long list of most important things that really should be developed, improved and fixed in a generation II. It would be handy and nice to have, though.

I am on the waitlist - mainly out of curiosity, I would say. The KPA core amp tone is still better out of the box, IMHO, which is the reason for the moment I could only imagine to sell only one of my two stages, if at all. I will find out later this year...maybe...

No reason for a shitstorm. This has been requested for years and I am with you. Requesting a new generation has nothing to do with bad criticism but with natural evolution - on the one hand of every piece of digital gear and on the other hand evolution of the needs of a gigging guitarist (for example). Yes, it is time for a 2nd generation, also imho. Good thing is that the 1st generation won't become obsolete - good amp sound is good amp sound, after all. Generation 1 will still fit perfectly the needs of those who say that it does that today, already, and who "don't need" better and more compkex routing, fx, UI, reliable midi controls etc. Or those who still prefer external gear (but in this case a non-existing mini profile player would make more sense - but this is another topic).

This is very bad, I am sorry. It doesn't sound like an easy thing to me for stolen guitars to turn up again. Nevertheless, I wish you the best of luck and that they can be identified by the serial number, soon...

Another thing is to try to call directly. I remember two times I called Kemper directly for something that was very important to me. They were very kind and helped me out. Yes, it may be embarrassing if everybody called in for every little thing twice a day but as long as they offer this service and it is very important to you could try. I am sure this is not a feature that is around the corner because otherwise I think a moderator would post something like "wait, it is just on the way". Also there is this chat you can use, have you tried that?

I've been returning to MB's 65 AC30 profile, again and again. I've tried and purchased so many others, including all the AC30's from Tone Junkie which are not bad, really. But Britt's stuff is the best, IMHO. After understanding that you have to use an EQ after the stack you can rule any situation. It feels and sounds terrific.

IMHO, primarily this totally depends on the type of music and your own style and taste, od course. A talented modern guitarist must be able to do a dry straight into the amp Rock battle as well as play in the style of the Edge or modern "worship" (you get the point) tone. You should be able to use everything and express yourself in as many situations as possible if necessary.