Posts by Alienator

There are devices like the Boss Waza Tube amp Expander that help solve that problem. They help create a loop in old amps that have no loop like the AC15. Maybe that helps.

Real pros do that sort of thing with midi, don't they?

You mean the tap light? With help of a click signal in the IEM? Or what do you exactly mean? Problem for years was that the midi clock fuction of the Kemper messed something up, so it had to be deactivated in order for the Kemper to not freeze from time to time on stage (!) when you sent midi clock signals to other units.

Let's hope the Tap Light issue is finally resolved.

I have a more skeptical view regarding what I consider hype from HW. Tone Junkie does a lot of good things especially with regard to training on how the Kemper works and its features. I purchased a full set of their profiles for ~$100 and essentially don't use any of them. mBritt's profiles are much better IMO. HW is a salesman and Youtuber in the end. He is no stanger to hype. I have pretty low expectations regarding 'really great things', but I am happy to be wrong.

Yep. Still, no matter who hypes whatever or not. Still curious what CK said in his own unhyped words in that interview.

HW from Tone Junkie interviewed CK at Namm. I hope we will will see videos, soon. HW was quite excited as he said that we can expect "really, really great things" from Kemper, this year. I hope fixing this will be among them.

So are you putting the dual lock over the feet, or adjacent to them?

If over the feet, doesn't that raise the Remote middle higher than the dual lock can reach?

Or if adjacent to the feet, does the height of the feet compromise the dual lock connecting?

I put the dual lock next to the feet, not on them, so that the feet barely touch the board. So the unit almost stands on its feet but also on the dual lock. Does this make sense? Maybe a picture says more than a thousands words...

I have been able to get in the neighborhood with my FM9 after a lot of tweaking and I have owned a Fractal product for many years. I still have my Axe FX Ultra. The thing I cannot get from the FM9 is the touch sensitivity that I get from the Kemper. The Kemper just has a better sound and feel to me.

I find the Fractal units have much more gain than the actual amps they are modeling. That really affects the touch sensitivity of the amps for me. It is like having the gain cranked up on a pedal. If you lower the gain on the pedal it cleans up much faster with a smaller downward turn of the volume knob. I have an amp that is modeled, 2 models actually, in the FM9 and I have profiles of it from TJ. The Kemper profiles sound and react like the amp. The FM9 does not. I can get pretty close in tone but it still feels like the gain is too high when rolling back the volume. I also find that the Fractal models of my amp have way more gain than my actual amp has. I have tested this next to the amp and at the same volume I would use for a gig. They say the models are the most accurate on the market. I brought up how the models have a lot more gain than the actual amp. I was then told that is the beauty of the Fractal models. They give you everything the amp has and more. How is that accurate?

Yep, if accuracy and no, or very much less tweaking is important for you then Kemper is a no brainer. I only bought the fm9 (... sounds like an excuse ^^) for its much superior FX and routing, all of which I really need for one of my bands. For everything else - from recording to "simpler" chains with less fx - I always prefer my Stage. Have fun, the Kemper will always sound do perfectly what it does.

Welcome! You absolutely cannot do anything wrong with a Kemper, tone and feel wise.

But I am initially curious what your experiences were with the fractal and will be in comparison with the Kemper. I have been a very happy Kemper user for many years and will always be. But I also bought an FM9, last October. I must say that, yes, I still prefer my Stage for an immediate amp sound and feel without big tweaks. Period. But I can come pretty close with the FM9. I mean very close. Yes, It took me some months (not very talented, maybe) to get there and I almost sold it again. And I am only talking about one satisfying live AC30 and one Plexi sound, as I was used from my Kemper. But once you understand what you are doing you can get almost the same results regarding amp tone and feel (if the last 1% is not that important 8o). Anyway. Have fun!

Somehow tired of wishing for years but:

+ 1 Million!

Come on, it's such an important and helpful thing for live playing, at least for me. You only realize it when you play with other units whose lights stay in time. Is there a critical reason in the Kemper's hardware or its code that the light timing cannot be programmed properly? I don't know, maybe there is. Feels like a joke for an otherwise (almost) perfect work horse.

My stage needs about 22 seconds to start up. But I have only about 60 profiles loaded. Maybe that's the reason.

Update: that was my toaster. My stage has 347 rigs loaded and starts up within exactly 21 seconds. Nothing beats that, even my fm9 needs more time.