Posts by AtlNashGtr

For anyone that is Googling or just curious......

I just super-glued the velcro to the bottom of the FS5U and it worked fine for mounting a Boss FS5U to a pedalboard with velcro

albeit, I haven't been out into the elements yet or taken it in the road into vibrations and differing altitudes and un-controlled environments yet (or whatnot); but it seems to be fine.

I am using a Pedaltrain (Kemper, Digitech Freqout, Dunlop DPV4 Volume) with a Boss FS5U and need to mount the Boss. footswitch

Does anyone have any suggestions??

The Boss had a rubber soled bottom (as well as being angled) and does not adhesive to the velcro

..... should I remove the rubber bottom?Then what? Screw the FS5U into the Pedaltrain

Who has mounted the FS5U ??

Just trying to have some foresight for any minor issues that might come up (such as rack screws....)

I've been out of the country for a while (gigging) and had a limited time back in the US working on adult things like car tag/title, taxes, health checkup, absentee voter registration, yadayadayada. So while building and programming new rigs are a priority they take 2nd priority over the aforementioned things.I have also had multiple rigs being serviced in 2 states so........ while a 30 minute trip to the hardware store (for 4 screws) is no big deal to most people it's a chunk of my day that needs to be allocated to something more significant if possible. Yes I have rack screws (and racks) out of state but if I take the time to get them "just in case" I might as well apply that to the 1,000 other minor elements and items that come up during the assembly and programming process and then I'm lugging around a bunch of unneeded things. So no, rack screws are not a deal breaker for me, but 1000 other issues like running to the hardware store for screws can keep me (and you) from finishing multiple projects in a timely manner.

BTW the post was referring to a rack that Kemper sold for it's Profilers, which I now know does not exist. Instead Kemper makes a protective bag (that looks like a rack case) for its Toaster (screws are not needed).

Since the retailers don't seem to have info on my question and since it is possible someone else could have the same question,
    I'd like to post the correct answer in case some else does a search.

The Kemper rack (as I assumed it was called), also know as the :

Profiler Touring Bag
    https://www.kemper-amps.com/products/profiler/line-up

or

Profiler Head Protection bag
    https://shop.kempermusic.us/ke…-head-protection-bag.html

does NOT come with rack screws

as a mater if fact it does not have rack rails at all.

It is merely a form fitting bag laced with cardboard and styrofoam that looks like a rack.

Hi folks ~ pro guitarist from Nashville / Atlanta here. I finally have some downtime and have had the Kemper on my checklist for over a year so I've been diving into the unit (and manager) this weekend. Lately over half the gigs I'm doing are on IEM (making it more conducive for a profiler) and in my 30 years of shows can only recall less than 10% of those that were appropriate for a loud tube amp (making another score for going direct). I have previous experience in going direct with Line6, Tech 21, and Two Notes.

Although I'm not abandoning my amp/pedal board setup, I do think that offering a direct / profiling option to a client is going to eventually be a must (if it isn't already). I chose Kemper (over Axe FX or Helix) simply because I'm friends with a couple of people who are using Kempers (and gigging) and feel I can get get help from them as a last resort. It is intended to be a live fly rig 1st and a recording rig 2nd.
    I will try to not ask super obvious questions whose answers we can all find in the manual, and will also try and patiently pay it forward as I become more competent with the unit.