Posts by benmars800

Taking the Aldrich for example does not sound like on the kemper video below it. I don't get why KPA does not capture the sound as it is and not have to tweak the EQ which is obviously different EQ from the real amp. No one have nailed a raw profile sound 100% as the real amp yet in my opinion...
    And a good comparison is to play single notes side by side KPA vs Amp on the same volume..

I'll buy one if the kemper profile is captured 100% from the orig real amp. I suggest that you make a recording track for KPA and one for real amp to see if it's the direct profile is captured 100%... Most the commercial claims to have captured the amp tone/sound and none of them in mu opinion have done a great job. You plug them in and they lack that fatness of the real amp missing lows and mids..

Hmm, if the KPA depends on the Real CAB Quality during the direct profiling, that does not sound fair to me. If someone has a good cab 4x12 vs someone has 1x12 cheap one, is the direct amp profile going to sound different cause the choice of the cab used in the profiling ?

During profiling.

Are you finding that after you save the profile, the sound is different? It's a lot easier to A/B directly on the profiling screen using the "Kemper" and "reference amp" buttons. I listen and sometimes adjust a parameter or two to make them sound the same.

Is that what you're asking? Sorry, I'm not trying to be dense.

That's right! During the profiling process the real amp and kpa sounds identical with no difference. But after you get your final profile, save it. then play back the KPA (Powered)/ Real AMP on the same 4x12 cab using Radial Headbone VT Amp Head Switcher for Tube Amps A/B device, there is a difference in lows/mids.

Do you conclude that the real amp vs kpa profile are identical during the profiling or after you save you direct profiles and you do A/B tests ?

Thanks man! That does answer my questions only for one i was sure about .
    If I go with something like Two notes Captor (https://www.two-notes.com/en/torpedo-captor) or Suhr , am i disabling the speak emulation during Direct AMP profiles, or is it necessary to have the speaker emulation switched on during the raw profiling process ? Currently I'm not interested in studio ones...

I’ll have to try this tomorrow ... I had no idea the eq set flat had any affect on the tone ;( but it makes sense, if the eq stack is included in the signal I can see your point.You have a picky ear and you have no problem with using the studio eq?
    I don’t get that... it is detrimental to any profile I have ever tried it on, don’t like it at all.

@SQUAREHEAD when you say during DI AMP profiling to crank up the master/monitor volume, to what level you set it to ? 10db, +0db or less ?
    Do you also adjust the return level set (automatically) by the kpa ?

We are investigating situations where Direct Profiles of certain amps do not succeed.
    However, we don‘t have reports of explicitly missing low and mid frequencies, in conjunction with the Kemper DI Box.

Can you tell us more?
    Are you going to purchase an Axe Fx to make better Direct Profiles?

ckemper,

:) I'm not really after axe fx though. Why would I bother submitting a thread if i didn't have the attention to stay with Kemper. This is encouragement for all users rather for me being rude if you think i was :)

Anyways, I'm using a DI BOX and every time I profile a direct amp for my Marshalls, I've noticed that another bass is added and the midrange is not the same. I'll post a recording when i get a chance very soon... In the mean time, many users will tell you the same thing if you just search in the forum

Folks,

We all know that direct amp profiling with a fully cranked (master around 7 or 8 and full gain/pre-amp) Marshall amp is a cumbersome noise situation , especially for us, home users...and neighbors notice it :D

I'm thinking of 3 options
    1. Buy a custom islolation box for my 4x12 Friedman CAB
    2. Buy Rivera Silent Sister 75-watt 1x12" Isolation Cabinet
    https://www.sweetwater.com/sto…h-isolation-cabinet-black
    or something like Grossmann:
    https://reverb.com/item/676113…lation-cabinet-3xlr-weiss
    cheap alternative
    https://www.guitarcenter.com/J…Guitar-Speaker-Cabinet.gc
    3. Use load box as my last choice

My Questions:
    1. Does KPA care about the cabinet quality when doing a direct amp profiling ?
    2. Does the tone and profile quality changes when using Friedman 4x12 vs Rivera silent sister Cabinet ?

I'm only concerned about direct amp raw profiling and not a studio one which i know it matters

I think the issue of Fixing the Low and Mids lost Frequencies during the Direct Amp profiling has been underloocked for several times in the forums or even you can find this subject outside the kemper's forums. People started to go to the other directions from KPA and buy others like Axe FX cause of this known issue. Is the kemper team aware or working on fixing this issue ?

Hi all,

I was wondering if i can do a direct amp profile (Preamp+Power amp) without using my 4x12 cabinet with a Loadbox ? If yes, can someone please suggest how to use it ? The reason I'm trying this way to see if the cabinet has anything to do with the drop of the mids after making the final profile which happens to every amp i profiled using Kemper DI box + 4x12 cabinet.

I'm having the same issue on all medium/high gain profiles. I can also hear them from my headphone bypassing my 4x12 cab. I've tested it on another house and the problem remains. I could not find out why this is happening ..... ||
    After you play one note , you hear a hiss and static noise at the end of it. very annoying....

The secret of getting UYI tones is to add Boss GE-7 :);)
    In your case, either buy GE-7 and insert on the FX loop or Add Graphical EQ fro the stomps to match up the settings

Here is a good example:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

At the effects section, you can see the BOSS GE-7

http://www.slashparadise.com/e…ive-gear-guns-n-roses.php

Hmm, i still don't get why KPA lowers the mids after getting the finale profile. Is something that Kemper team aware of ? Any solutions for this besides increasing the MIDS from the EQ (tried that but they don't sound the same)?

Please don't ask me about recording, i've tried that and they sounded the same and not could tell which one is. But if you are at my location hearing the amp and KPA with your own ears, you can feel the difference .