Posts by JesseLuciani

Hello everyone,

My name is Jesse Luciani, I'm a new Kemper owner (powerhead) and I've got a question with regards to setting my tone.

I have been running the Speaker Out to a Hughes & Kettner CC412A 4X12 (with the Cab Off on the Kemper). I have to say that it sounds killer, and very much feels like a regular guitar amp, however, I know I'm missing out on half of what this thing has to offer though.

I have a gig coming up where I won't be in charge of the FOH sound, and low stage volumes are encouraged, and they will supply me with a monitor (no idea what kind). I know that leaves a lot in the hands of the sound guy...so now to my actual question. I don't want to use the H&K cab for this gig, and I am under the impression that I should set my tone on a transparent speaker (which the H&K is obviously not). Would it be safe to say that if I get a good tone through a pair of studio headphones plugged into the Headphone input (KRK KNS 8400 http://www.krksys.com/Headphones/KNS-8400), that I am sending the sound guy something decent through the Main out? or is there some glaring issue that I'm missing here? I plan to use the Cab ON for this incase that isn't clear.

Thanks for the help! I've been lurking this forum for about a month now reading up about cabs and tricks for the Kemper, I hope to be able to help out new users in the future!

Guitar cabs will work pretty well with the Kemper but just a word of warning - profiles that sound good through a guitar cab can sound poor when going direct. Therefore if you want to go direct, check the profiles via a PA or FRFR/monitor first before investing too much time in them. When I moved from conventional cab to FRFR and direct, I ditched all my profiles...

Hope that makes sense

That does make sense, thanks for bringing it up.

Hello,

My name is Jesse Luciani. I am a future Kemper owner (as soon as I can finish paying it off). I have a question with regards to the Powered Kemper, I have tried searching but can't for the life of me find an answer.

My plan was to use the Powered Kemper with my Hughes & Kettner cab, I am aware that this will add colour to the tone. I have a few questions if I can't get the right sound from my speaker....

1. With the Powered Kemper option could I still use a powered speaker if I choose? Is it possible to bypass the power amp on the Kemper?

2. Am I able to plug the Kemper directly into a PA instead? (PA is also Powered, the speakers are not).

3. Am I able to just plug the Kemper directly into one of my unpowered speakers?

4. Does the Powered Kemper have all the same options (in terms of speaker use) that the unpowered has, just with the added option of the power Amp?

Thank you to anyone who can help me out. I look forward to the learning curve ahead of me, and maybe one day I'll be good enough to help another noob out in the future!

-Jesse