Posts by CopyCat

I hope they also took this info to build in some safeguards to prevent both the app and the Kemper from crashing while loading bad rigs.

A bad rig is of course understandable with software-based gear. The profiler worked fine on its own, though presumably it would've frozen if I'd tried to load the corrupt rig.

Taking out both the RM and the Profiler is pretty extreme for one bad rig. So I hope something can be built into the RM to allow skipping/flagging bad rigs as opposed to all-out freezes.

Having been away from the RM for so long, I gotta say, it's super nice to have that connectivity back.

Drag and Drop it into the "All Presets/Local Library" folder. You can rename the preset - Right click, and choose that option,

Note: If you want the Preset to appear in the Profiler's Preset list, copy/paste it to the "All Presets/My Profiler" folder.

Aha! That paste into the "All Presets/My Profiler" was the end result I was looking for - thanks!

+1 for MIDI over USB. Like the OP I use the Kemper hooked up at home for studio use only. I analog re-amp quite a bit and both audio IO as well as MIDI over USB would be a welcome addition in 2022.

The Kemper is amazing and I'm thankful after all these years it still holds up so well. These 2 features would modernize it to help it continue to keep up with more setups.

Maybe you should check your SPAM filter, we've sent you loads of replies. Well, we didn't when you've started to send us the same one liner with the attachment every day after day. So, if you want help, please send us the files as requested. Thanks!

I've sent a reply to this mail as well as attached the crash logs. I haven't received confirmation that it was received. It could be the time zone difference, or it may be in your SPAM as well. Anyhow thanks for reaching out and I hope we can get to the bottom of this.

I don't doubt that you are having a recurring problem and I hope you get it fixed. However, as this doesn't happen on literally thousands of other people's setups the fault must be something to do with your computer rather than RM. If it was an RM problem it would be affecting many other users too.

Oh I have no doubt it's isolated to my system. If it were widespread there would be lots of noise on the forum about it and it would've been corrected by now for sure. I had just tried every angle and felt left in the cold.

As support mentioned elsewhere here they tried to reach me a long time ago, but I never saw it. I'm not going to argue any of that as it's not productive. I'll take them at their word. They've reached out again now and hopefully we can squash this!

I wonder, why you just don't attach crashlogs to your mail?

This was because there was no mail. A web portal was the only method to contact support and the portal didn't allow me to attach anything. After multiple attempts to reach them, WeTransfer (or something similar to see if the link was DL'd) was the only method I had to see if anyone was taking note.

But as mentioned below support has reached out via eMail and hopefully we can start a back & forth and get this sorted.

I've done all this including backup and wiping the Kemper, then restoring. It fails syncing to RM even when wiped. It only works stand-alone when I don't try to connect RM. RM also launches fine, but ONLY if the Kemper is powered off or just not connected. Both the Kemper and RM work alone, but neither when they're connected.

Kemper is 8.6.0.31858B

Yes I've tried other cables and ports.

RM crashes, the Kemper freezes and has to be forced shut down. I've waited an hour before, thinking maybe it just needed to chug away. That wasn't the case.

I've been through every conceivable fix, many times.

I've contacted support through their portal literally dozens of times. The only response I've ever had was to a forum post, that told me to go to the portal and submit a tech support request, which I had already done dozens of times before and also since. I've always sent them links to download the crash reports. I've used Wetransfer so I'd get notified if they actually DL'd the crash reports. they've never DL'd a single one. I'm generally very forgiving and understanding, but this has been a black hole.

I've loved the Kemper but it may just be time to move on. There are enough things it's behind on now. No dual paths, no recording IO direct to a DAW, and I've lost the software editor for a year now. I've been dealing with everything via USB stick and menu-diving for a long time now.

UPDATE - RESOLVED

I was finally able to get support a USB backup where they found a rig that was damaged beyond repair. Once I deleted that rig and selected another, so it wasn't in the buffer, RM is finally able to sync again.

Whew - it's been a year or so!

OP here:

I've been dealing with this for over a year and over multiple updates of Rig Manager including 3.2.65.

Mac OS 10.14.6

Rig Manager 3.2.65

Rig Manager crashes when it reaches the "Syncing Rigs" 100% of the time.

I have sent support no less than 50 crash logs over the course of the last year with no response.

I'm ready to move on to a different product. I've been patient and also offered the crash logs so many times. I'm beyond frustrated.

Here is an example of the crashed thread in the log:

Thread 16 Crashed:

0 libsystem_kernel.dylib 0x00007fff70fc12c2 __pthread_kill + 10

1 libsystem_pthread.dylib 0x00007fff7107cbf1 pthread_kill + 284

2 libsystem_c.dylib 0x00007fff70f2b6a6 abort + 127

3 libsystem_c.dylib 0x00007fff70ef420d __assert_rtn + 324

4 com.kempermusic.rigmanager 0x000000010dd63da4 gobosh::cbor::decoder::addToBuffer(unsigned char const*, unsigned long) (.cold.2) + 35

5 com.kempermusic.rigmanager 0x000000010db8a097 gobosh::cbor::decoder::addToBuffer(unsigned char const*, unsigned long) + 257

6 com.kempermusic.rigmanager 0x000000010db88eb1 gobosh::cbor::decoder::parse(unsigned char const*, unsigned long) + 1013

7 com.kempermusic.rigmanager 0x000000010db40420 ProfilerControlCenter::LibrarianComm::PollOnce() + 114

8 com.kempermusic.rigmanager 0x000000010db40525 ProfilerControlCenter::LibrarianComm::RunLoop(long long, ProfilerControlCenter::LibrarianCommand*) + 67

9 com.kempermusic.rigmanager 0x000000010db4d05b KPAComm2::FileDownloadCommand::Execute() + 115

10 com.kempermusic.rigmanager 0x000000010dd627ba Access::CommandProcessor::Work() + 330

11 com.kempermusic.rigmanager 0x000000010dd62a29 Access::CommandThread::Run() + 17

12 com.kempermusic.rigmanager 0x000000010db5c804 Access::Threading::Thread::OSThreadFunc(void*) + 36

13 libsystem_pthread.dylib 0x00007fff7107a2eb _pthread_body + 126

14 libsystem_pthread.dylib 0x00007fff7107d249 _pthread_start + 66

15 libsystem_pthread.dylib 0x00007fff7107940d thread_start + 13

Mac 10.14.6 I've submitted to support.

I have a zipped version of v3.0.136 and it crashes at the same place (syncing rigs).

Is this due to my having some Ownhammer IR's saved in some Performances? That's the ONLY thing I've been doing new recently.

I HAVE booted the Profiler holding RIG to do an integrity check and all seems fine. But RIg Manager crashes EVERY time it tries to sync rigs.