Posts by Desmond

Hey all,

Loving my Kemper. Been using it mostly as a jam tool, but now I want to make my own music.

So my setup is as follows:

Kemper main outs going to my studio monitors. Then I have a speaker cable running from the Direct Output / Send into the first input of my Scarlett 2i4. I have the input gain set to about halfway on the 2i4. I have output gain set to -12db on the Kemper.

Should I be running the main outs into the interface instead? The sound is fantastic the way I have it right now. I figure I can live monitor my playing with the monitors, but maybe I am losing sound quality by not running the Main Outputs to my interface...am I?

Also, should I run higher volume on the kemper, and lower my interface gain, or vice versa? What do you guys recommend? Thanks!

Hey everyone,

So I've got this interface:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Scarlet2i4G2

I would like to record with my Kemper. Just wondering what would be the best way to go about this?

Do I run the XLR MAIN outputs from the Kemper into the XLR inputs on my Scarlett? I have two studio monitors using the 1/4" jack main outputs already, so I assume I cant use the XLR main outs at the same time, right?

Sorry, I'm a bit of a newb at this. Thanks for any help given!

Hey there,

New KPA owner here. All I can say is this thing is amazing. What a time to be alive. This thing sounds fantastic. I thought the default profiles were pretty cool, until I loaded up some profiles from TopJimi (specifically the Brown Sound pack).

WOW. Absurd tone, it almost sounds better than some of Ed's live sounds. I'm ecstatic. Any other companies that make high quality profiles that I should check out? Thanks!