Posts by audiomitch

the Twen Cranked profile with the Celestion Gold is a great vintage distortion tone. It's very Keith Richards-ish to my ear, or at least an idealized version of his tone.

TWEN Cranked Br.(VR1)

A lot of these profiles are useful, great job! Thank you!

The more I learn this thing, the more impressed I am. It goes pretty deep.

Hey, if you develop any Jerry tones upload them to the Rig Exchange! Roll away the dew!

It's VERY simple, I've profiled some bass plugins. If you have the option, put the plugin in low latency mode (the microphone icon). The KPA will correct for any latency AFTER you go back to Browse. That's how it worked for me, anyway.

Not crazy about the UAD guitar sims, I'm with the "find a great profile" crowd. There's some stunning sounding profiles out there, for just about any amp.

It depends on your setup. If your interface is your standard $2-300 unit, then I would recommend going line level. That way you will minimize the interfaces preamps, typically the weak link in a budget system.

If you have some decent preamps, then go instrument level. I use an API 512c or a Heritage 73jr to get the best quality preamp signal as possible. Coming back in to my system I use S/PDIF to avoid any preamps, as well as the added D/A conversion.

But generally speaking, use line level. You're pushing more current that way, and it will be less noisy and not as prone to interference.

Nice :)
    I prefer the first for sound (not a massive fan of chorus and the second to me is a tad too warbly), though it seems the playing is tighter in the second. Either way, good job

Thanks! I really like the Kemper delays, but I felt the Memory Man has a little more "swing". It may be because it's a manual tap tempo instead of an exact BPM setting or MIDI sync. I like those little analog imperfections most of the time.

Thanks again for listening, I really appreciate your feedback!

and here it is with an EHX Memory Man in place of a built in Kemper delay. There's two delays in series, the first one is the Kemper Single delay set to 1/4 and 30% FB, and the second delay is the Memory Man set to 8th notes, FB at about 11:00 and modulation Depth at around 11:00 and Rate at around 8:00.

It also has a UAD Brigade plugin instead of the analog chorus pedal on the first version.

Thanks for listening!

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

A very short piece just to familiarize myself with the Kemper delays and its built-in effects in general. Also tested how well my outside gear is interfacing in the FX Loop. More or less a test song. Did I mention it's very short?

Thanks for listening!

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

My pleasure, I'm happy it helped someone! I'm sure some experienced user would read this and think "duh! it's so obvious!", but us blind-leading-the-blind guys need to stick together ;)

BTW, I have a Van Amps Sole-Mate spring reverb and was getting some crackles while using my Strat. Maybe the ice pick frequencies? This trick seemed to solve it too.

Get cracking :D , or cranking.

The other day I was thinking of my dream setup and it included not a single cable or wire, aah one can only dream.

Edit: they used to sell a sticker that reads "creative minds are seldom tidy"

I'm using some IOS music production apps on my iPad that work over WiFi, so I think we're in the beginning stages of your dream coming true! I kind of like cables in the heat of the moment, though. Less cerebral than configuring networks, and doesn't yank me as far out of a creative space (such as it is).