Posts by Wheresthedug

does it mean that merged profiles are better than studio profiles in general

From my (admittedly limited) understanding - no. They are just different. The Direct profiles don't necessarily allow you profile the speakers effect on the amps output load (speaker damping) wheres as studio profiles do capture this. However, Direct profiles know exactly which part of the sound is amp (all of it) while switching off the cab portion of a studio profile requires the KPA to estimate which part is amp and which part is speaker. It seems to do a pretty good job of this but it won't be the same as profiling just the amp on it's own. Try both and decide which works best to your own ears.

Try the Air Chorus which nails the JC 120 chorus (which is one stereo channel unaltered, the other channel delayed and detuned)

Thanks Ingolf.

I just tied that but it still seems to send the effected sound in stereo to both sides and doesn't offer control of the delay time. I just tested it by setting depth to 10 and muting each side of the signal independently. The modulation is clearly audible on both sides.

The effect I am trying to create is just like a simple double tracking based on a super short delay rather than modulating the delay signal. If I was to do it in Logic I would achieve it by panning the dry track hard left and busing the signal to an aux track with 100% wet signal and a 30ms delay which I would pan hard right.

If I try to pany the signal in the KPA using Panorama it seems to pan both the dry and wet signals but I can't see how to pan them independently in the effect blocks. I am sure there must be a simple way to do it but, as with many things in the KPA, it is probably achieved in a slightly counter intuitive manner that suddenly makes sense when someone tells how to do it. :)

Thanks.

I think that's the Micro Pitch effect but it doesn't seem to allow panning or control over the delay length.

I'm currently trying to find two types of sound.

1) doubling based around hard panning and a short delay c.30ms.

2) hard panned reverb. Like the early Van Halen albums where the guitar is hard left and the reverb for it is hard right but can't seem to figure it out.

In the rig manager there are a number of rig packs named "Tutorial" for example "Tutorial Merged Profile".

Do these corresponded directly to any tutorial video of article or are they just a series of different rigs that allow you to play around and see how hings can be configured?

I have watched all of the turorial videos at least once but don't see these packs as directly correlating to any of the videos. Am I missing something?

Hi guys,

I'm still fairly new to the KPA having had it for around 1 month. I've watched all the tuition videos a few times and read both the short manual and the deep dive reference manual.

My impression so far is "oh my god this thing is amazing"!

It seems to be able to do everything , and more. However, the way you achieve the desired end result isn't always obvious if you think in a traditional way. Which brings me to my question.

I want to achieve a stereo doubled effect/ I.E. Dry signal hard left and delayed signal of around 30ms panned hard right. I can't seem to figure out how to do it though. I am sure I must be missing something blindingly obvious but can't think what it is.

Can someone enlighten me please?

Thanks

Lokassenna,

That is a great paper of the various EQ parameters!

Have you ever tried to do the same on the classic MESA 5 Band EQ? It is obviously clear where the center frequencies of each band are on the Mesa but I have often wondered what the Q width was for these and whether it was possible to recreate this in the Kemper or in the EQ plugins of my DAW.

I'm now thinking it might be possible to run some white noise through one of my amps but send the output to my Two Notes Torpedo Reload and straight into Logic (bypassing any input from the speaker and mic) then look at the effect of moving the sliders on the Mesa on the spectrum analyser.

So, i've just tried to set up the PBC to control the Kemper and it turns out I had nothing to be scared about :)

Ron has already pre programmed all the midi commands which can be selected from the drop down menu without ever having to look up a single c.c. number.

However, I'm still undecided how to lay out my button pages. Any input welcome.

Also, on the Kemper Remote you can assign buttons to different stomp locations on the fly. I still haven't hook the PBC up with bi-diretional midi to try it but does anyone know if you can achieve the same thing with PBC or do I need to specify which stomp module each button controls in the PBC editor?

Yep, i know that. I started to try and set up the PBC last night armed with the Kemper midi manual but it got scared and went back to playing :)

I’ve been thinking about it today though and realised Ron has probably already mapped all the midi c.c. Numbers for us so I’ll take another look.

The problem I am trying to get clear in my mind is that tha PBC only has 11 buttons (13 if you connect an extermal footswitch) but the Kemper remote has 14 so iinot matter how I set it up I can’t exactly mimic the Remote. However, the PBC can have multiple button pages but there are so many options for how to configure it. I was wondering how others are doing it to get some ideas.

I bought a Power Head 2 weeks ago but decided to hold off on the Remote until I had tried alternatives. I had an old FCB1010 lying around and a friend gave me his old Uno4Kemper chip to try. It works well but can’t control all the stomp slots or Delay Rev slots in standard config as far as I can make out.

I also still have my RJM Madtermind PBC on a pedal board that probably isn’t going to see much use now I have the Kemper.

Has anyone already configured their PBC to work with Kemper. I know it can be done fairly easily but wondered how others are configuring their button pages for the best workflow?

I am new to Kemper and just learning myself so I have been spending quite a bit of time deep in the Reference Manual.

I noticed two thing about your settings which might be work checking. I haven’t had a chance to try these myself so forgive me if you have already done these and know the outcome better than I do.

1 - P41 of the Reference manual lists the recommended output settings. I notice that you have Master Left selected for monitor out. The manual recommends Master Mono. This might account for some sound difference even when not using stereo Fx due to phase anomolies etc

2 - have you tried disabling Pure Cabinet? As this is also a phase relatioship feature it may be having an effect on a mono output signal.

He guys

I am totally new to Kemper having just bought a Powered toaster two weeks ago. I have spent the last 2 weeks learning my way around it with the various manuals and videos and I’m ready to try and create some song specific rigs.

I have never been an effects type player; strictly guitar into quality valve amp turn ap volume an GO! However, a vurrent covers project means I need to get to grips with some more processed FX type sounds. I rately even use delay or reverb (even though I have a pedal board I hardly ever bother turning it on) so where do I start?

How would you go about building a rig for the solo sound in Electric Dreams (starts about 2:50in)? https://youtu.be/PE1lzqJCeJ0

What is the synth like sound behind the main guitar? Ring modulator or something? Can I get close with the Kempers built in FX blocks?

Thanks

Alan