Posts by Bobcooperproducer

Interesting offer :thumbup:
    I have one question: What does the comment on your page mean, that the pedal-platform-profiles' "tone is noisey"? Do you mean, it is an "edge of break-up" or slightliy overdriven amp tone?

Thank you mate!

It's a fully clean tone, but the amp just had a little more hiss than I would usually like if i were to just use as a clean part in a song. It sounds ace with pedals running into it though!

I'm also planning on putting together some proper clean packs with my old 60's Vox AC50 too. :)

Store link: www.bobcoopertones.com

Hi guys! My name is Bob Cooper and i'm a record producer from the UK. I make records using way way too many pedals so I wanted to start capturing these with the Kemper!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The first set i've made is all about the tonal interactions achieved between an overdrive pedal and a Fulltone OCD distortion. Each pedal combination is dialed in to it's sweet spot so you can just plug in and play!

The pack contains 40 profiled options, including 7 overdrives running through 2 versions of an OCD into a Marshall JCM800 head with two cabinet options (30 profiles overall), just an OCD through the amp & cabinet chains (6 profiles), and just the clean amp and cabinet chain for running your own pedals through (4 options).

The options are:
    Overdrives - Ibanez Tubescreamer, Boss Blues Driver, Keeley Oxblood, Seymour Duncan 805, Horizon Devices Precision Drive, J. Rockett Archer, Mesa Throttle Box
    Distortion - Fulltone OCD, Custom tweaked OCD Clone
    Amplifier - Marshall JCM800
    Cabs - Orange 4x12, Orange 2x12

There's a free sample tone in the store for you to try out. I hope you like it!

Thanks for being so welcoming guys!

Welcome, and thank you, Bob. 8o

I wonder if TinyURL did something weird to the file; the usual Kemper-rig icon is missing. Is it just me?

Hey buddy! I hadn't noticed that - does it work in your rig? If not I'll fix it and reupload it. :)

Welcome to the forum Bob, its a really good freindly community. I've really enjoyed the profiles of yours I've tried so far and looking forward to getting stuck into the rest when i get back from chilling in the highlands.

Thanks Brian! I'm so syked you're enjoying them man.

I started making some progress on a pack of profiles based around my 1970's Big Muff Pi today and i'm having such a blast with it. I'll upload a sample soon!

Hi guys! My name's Bob and i'm a recording engineer / pedal nut from Leeds in the UK.

I got a Kemper a couple of months ago and since i started making tones of my rigs over the past few weeks i've been absolutely hooked! It's so cool to be able to have a whole chain of an overdrive into a distortion into my amp and cab in this little box, the future is awesome.

Do you guys have any tips on refining? I've had good luck with playing the profile, comparing to the real amp and when i hit a chord that sounds really different to to the original amp i'll hit refine - play a weird / dischordant version of that chord and then repeating 'til it sounds dead on. I've found that if i go past about 2 or 3 passes of refining it starts to sound a little weird so i have to start again to get it nailed within 2 passes. I'd love some more advice!

Here's one of the tones i've made - it's a Keeley Oxblood > Fulltone OCD > Marshall JCM800 > Orange 4x12 miked up with a Royer R121 and Shure SM57. :) https://tinyurl.com/yco79els