Posts by Nordan

One of the reasons I bought my Sennheiser HD25-1 is that it's only 70Ω, which means it can be driven by practically any headphone amp out there and still provide plenty of level if one needs it.

This is a really important thought! Some Headphones have "too much" Ω for some devices. Especially the saffire scarlett is infamous for the weak headphone amp>>> it's not loud enough for a big range of headphones. But the Kempers headphone out should be good enough. It's hot as hell.

how do the open backs sound compared to the closed back?

I like the idea of the open back so I can hear some back round noise like my phone or my kid yelling for me..lol

I use closed headphones (Shure SRH840, which I liked more than Beyerdynamic DT) for the exact opposite: to NOT hear anything else.

1. You don't hear the clickclack from the plek anymore

2. You don't have to turn up the volume so loud

3. More bass, which is the weakpoint of headphones.

I really would try both types or even get a halfopen one.

The MIDI cables you'll need will have 5 pins(I bought two of these), and you'll need two of them. You simply connect one of the MIDI cables from the MIDI Out of the Kemper to the MIDI In on your Focusrite interface, then connect the other MIDI cable to the MIDI Out on the Kemper and the MIDI In on the Focusrite. Finally, load ToastME and click the MIDI button (right beside the Connect button) and ensure that the Focusrite / Saffire is select as the Input Device, Controller Device and Output Device. I also have "Enable output to plugin host" and "Enable input to plugin host" checked. That's it. You're done.

Update: Bought 2 Midi cabls today. It works! I'm happy.

Thanks again!

The MIDI cables you'll need will have 5 pins(I bought two of these), and you'll need two of them. You simply connect one of the MIDI cables from the MIDI Out of the Kemper to the MIDI In on your Focusrite interface, then connect the other MIDI cable to the MIDI Out on the Kemper and the MIDI In on the Focusrite. Finally, load ToastME and click the MIDI button (right beside the Connect button) and ensure that the Focusrite / Saffire is select as the Input Device, Controller Device and Output Device. I also have "Enable output to plugin host" and "Enable input to plugin host" checked. That's it. You're done.

Alright, thanks mate =)

Hey guys,

sorry, I don't know anything about Midi, but I want to use the ToastMe Editor.

I got an interface (an old Focusrite Saffire USB) with Midi in+out.

Do I have to use two Midi cables or only one to connect the Kemper with my interface?

And there are cables that have 3-pins connect and others got 5-pins. Which one do I need?

i.e.
    3 pins connected: cordial_cfd_6_aa ;
    5 Pins connected: the_sssnake_sk366-1_blk