Posts by steinweiner

Make a Direct Amp profile of the Boogie. Done

Funny you mention this.. Yes, duhh...not sure what I'm waiting for (I haven't profiled an amp myself yet, been fortunate enough to have friends who are on tour and hook me up with their profiles..) I just was enjoying some of the other profiles (Marshall, Diezel, etc..) Next thing on my list- profile the MK IV!!

I find that the Powerhead through my recto V30 cab is pretty crushing and loud enough to play with the band.. When the other guitar player is using his 100w Marshall, I have a bit of a time keeping up vol/precsence-wise...Trying to get to the point where I don't need to bring my Boogie MKIV with me (SOunds awesome, just LOVE the verstility of infinty amps with the Kemper..) I wonder if I may be chasing the impossible and just accept that it it really almost does it all, very well!

I ran my Powerhead through a 1960 Marsh 4 x 12 cab last night playing with my band..Other guitar player using a late 70's 100W marshall thru a Marsh 4 x12 TV cab..I had no problem "Keeping up" or being loud enough (and we play LOUD).. I have a Boogie MKIV head toi use as a tube slave amp , but I never needed it.. We were all kind of shocked and super impressed....full loud and tons of balls...Probably had the Kemper up about 25%..