Posts by stillhill

Appreciate that extra info. No it just freezes on it's own even if I don't touch the mouse at all.

One thing I tested was I had JUST enough time to click file and preferences and see if the beta checkmark was checked and it was.

Currently, there is just enough time for the update screen to pop up asking to install the beta, and it's just frozen.

I also tested unchecking the box.. it froze still and I re-opened, clicked file and preferences and saw the beta box unchecked and waited... still froze.

Was hoping maybe that was causing the freeze but nope.

If you have the same issue on both Mac and Windows then you probably should be looking at your connections.

You mentioned trying 2 cables. But if it's through a hub, try bypassing the hub. If you're trying through a USB-C with an adapter of some sort, try a USB-B port. Beyond that, support is still the answer. Maybe something is defective in the Kemper USB port.

My worry is a defective USB port. I wasn't using the hub, but direct into the MacBook usb port (that I tested with a stick and the port works).

If you have the same issue on both Mac and Windows then you probably should be looking at your connections.

You mentioned trying 2 cables. But if it's through a hub, try bypassing the hub. If you're trying through a USB-C with an adapter of some sort, try a USB-B port. Beyond that, support is still the answer. Maybe something is defective in the Kemper USB port.

My issue on Windows 11 is different than the Mac.

On Windows Rig Manager opens, I can click around for 5 seconds and then BLAM! Freeze, unresponsive. Tried everything including working with their support. I mean everything.. kemper unplugged, unplugging any usb hubs and trying (per their suggestion). In other words, I can't even get it to open and be functional, with NOTHING connected.

That's why I grabbed my MacBook.. and now I've hit this roadblock.. ugggh

I did 9.0.8

I have both.. on Windows, rig manager won't even open... at ALL.. freezes etc. I've worked with support for a couple weeks and tried everything. They've now ghosted me.

So I am trying my macbook and now have hit this brick road.

Yea I haven't tried the 10 beta

I have it connected directly from the printer looking port USB to my mac laptop

I have the latest rig manager installed

I've tested the USB port on the laptop and it finds a USB stick just fine

I've tested 2 different USB cables

I've restarted the mac and Kemper

I've tried with the chicken head in browser and performance mode

Any other ideas?