Posts by Blackvault

It's possible the RJ-45 insert on your cable still has a detent tab (like a conventional network cable). That would cause precisely the symptoms you describe. If such a case I can't think of any elegant way to remove it without destroying the cable connector.

Cheers for the suggestion. I've already reached out to Kemper and they are RMAing the unit. :)

Are you pulling on the cable, or the metal surround? Pull on the metal surround - gently wiggle it side to side a little. If it is out of round, it may be a little stubborn. It seem odd to me if it is more difficult to remove than it was to insert.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm plugging the metal surround and there doesn't seem to be much wiggle room within the socket. I could actually understand it being a little harder to remove, in case you don't want to it disconnecting during a performance.

I'll try and post a video of it this evening.

I hope this doesn't have to go back to Kemper!

I haven't experienced a problem yet. Are you keeping the button pressed while pulling?

Yes, it seems to free slightly. Pushing the cable back into the slot, I can hear it click, back into place. Just got the remote, so I'm not sure what to expect. Seems like the RJ45 connection isn't full disconnecting from the remote?