Posts by stratdude

It's better to turn up the dist sens that the gain knob.

To quote a famous Australian saying, "Yeah, nah." (Yes I hear what you're saying, no I don't agree with you).

I think we should give Kemper a bit of credit, that gain knob does work exceptionally well in both directions, different rigs may respond better than others though. Tweak it to your heart's content, what's the worst that can happen? (Aside from eternal damnation or going blind).

Sometimes, your sound just need that extra push over the cliff, and where else are you gonna go?

For me personally, I've gotten the best results by tweaking profiles. If I were you, I'd try tweaking the Definition, then Presence and Treble, then Mids and Bass.

That's the order I'll normally go as well, however when I'm auditioning profiles I tend to look for one that has the tone I'm looking for and then adjust the gain (yes, even up, I know, sacrilege! ). My main go to rig at the moment is a profile I've pushed the gain up quite a bit. Whatever sounds good is good

Use transpose in stomp A instead of rig, you could have a different transpose in b, c and d if you like, just don't select more than one at a time. Make sure transpose is in the first stomp before other effects though

You could use a speaker y cable, I would personally make one rather than buy one off ebay, you may find pre made y cables may be using instrument leads rather than speaker leads, you don't want to risk damaging the power amp.

You'll need to know your speakers impedances and understand how that impedance will change when you combine them. If the two cabs don't have the same impedance then one will be louder than the other, that would probably make it pointless.

A single 12" speaker can probably keep up volume wise with any band situation, but nothing beats bigger cabs and more of them!?

Well, I was pretty certain it would work too; until I tried it.

I'm referring to midi equipment, the kemper remote isn't midi equipment. I just wanted to clarify that the kemper isn't going to induce midi lag if you are using the midi in and midi thru connections. If you're using the kemper or other equipment to generate midi signals then that may create lag, I can't offer any advice on that sorry. I'm personally using a voodoo labs ground control

I would be certain running a midi cable in to one unit and then from midi thru to the next kemper would have no lag. I was running this setup with other midi gear before I simplified my setup. That's what midi thru is for, it passes on the midi signal with no processing added. As for making a stage control a kemper rack, I've no idea but I'm sure the kemper boffins would have planned for this.

Holy thread revival Batman! Another leftie here, I noticed an earlier post regarding someone who couldn't find a Jackson Kelly l/h, so here's a pic of one I sold last year, they do exist. Picked it up pretty cheap, thought I'd see if could sell it on Reverb for a silly amount, but expected to keep it. Sold in 2 days. I keep looking out for another one but I think I may have exported the only one in Australia

I have about 850~900. I've found at 975 it was impossible to run an update, had to delete 100 or so to free up some memory. There's still so many rigs I haven't tried so I'm reluctant to cull them at the moment, but I do prefer auditioning them through the unit rather than rig manager as I can't view my pc and Kemper at the same time. I have thousands in my local library.

I also have 7000 unread emails

If this cab module is off the Kemper will bypass the imprints and assume it's an acoustic profile. Load a cab and you'll be fine, it needs the cab for foh as well as headphones

I'd like to think most profile sellers are selling profiles of amps they own or have borrowed, but if this stops people returning profiled amps for a refund then I'm all for it. Businesses don't need that kind of parasitic drain on their business, especially in these times