Posts by stratdude

I've only made 1 profile myself, which was a DI (or DA I guess) of my JCM800 2210 which has it's own DI output, it's the main rig I use (it turns out I spent the first 6 months looking for a profile that sounded like my amp, until I just profiled mine). I mainly play through a cab but I'll make sure I attach a cab module to it to use with a couple of Kones when they're available

Cheers

IIRC, I believe Eddie used to have only 1 speaker in it's own cab miked and the other 3 (or more?) isolated and covered in blankets and whatever else so it wouldn't be deafening in the studio, as well as obviously the variac to reduce voltage to the entire amp. It'll be freakin' loud

Quicker switching within the one performance , and editing rigs in performance mode doesn't alter the original

This is not right. MIDI is MIDI, regardless of what sends the commands. I’ve looked at the HEX. From Voodoo Labs’ site:

Compatible with our Ground Control Pro or any MIDI controller

I’d ping Voodoo Labs. Guaranteed they’ve had this question before.

Hey I hope your right, but the GCX needs to see 8 simultaneous CC commands to work and I assume the Hex would need to see 4. I've not found any other piece of gear that can send 8 CC"s at once but maybe the Hex is different. Definitely contact Voodoo Labs, I hope I'm wrong

I don't own a Hex, but I do have the GCX switcher. You need the Voodoo Labs Ground Control Plus to control everything. I don't own a Kemper remote but I'm 99.9% certain that Kemper gear won't control your hex.

I started on 10's in my teens, tried a couple of times to change to 9's but found them too flabby, especially when tuning down 1/2 step with a floyd, hitting the bottom E hard would make it go sharp, 9's just seemed ridiculous. I started playing on low gain amps when young and hit the strings quite hard to get different dynamics, so much that I would tend to break strings at least twice a night during a gig. Many years later I picked up an old strat that had been strung with 9's thinking I'd eventually get around to swapping in 10's, but instead after 20 odd years of playing I've made the switch to 9's.

Sorry for the long winded post but I personally think how much articulation, dynamics and (character?) can be applied during bends, vibrato and pick attack is more important than anything demonstrated in this video when selecting string gauge.

Or I could've just said it's all about the feel ?

P.S. If you like 9's on a strat, try 9.5 to 44's on Gibson scale, 10's definitely feel heavier

That's pretty much the way I want to use it, and I imagine a lot of other people would be the same. As a leftie, rolling the volume back to reduce gain doesn't really work as almost all left hand guitars have right hand pots wired backwards, which turns them in to almost on/off switches. I don't really want to rewire my dvp3, but I may find a cheaper pedal to try this on. Thanks for your detailed response!

Yeah I got it to work that way too, but it's a bit counterintuitive to have to use it backwards like that. I'll put in a feature request, just wanted to make sure I'm not missing something. Playing guitar, singing, drinking and having to use a pedal backwards may be too much for my brain

Hi

Is it possible to save morph settings so they're recalled in the toe position on the expression pedal? I'd like to be able to roll back the gain via morphing but the performance slot always loads with the gain at the lowest setting, not highest. Am I missing something or is this not possible?

Hi Christoph and co.

Can't wait to get my hands on a couple of Kones, (I think I heard you say the Kone is only available direct from Kemper, please be kind with freight costs to Australia?) but as my little home studio is running out of space I'm going to have to store away either my Marshall quad or my Yamaha HS8's. What kind of "frfr" sound quality can we expect from the kone for music playback as well as vocals? Could you imagine using the Kone for vocals etc for a 1 man gig? I understand this isn't it's primary purpose but just trying to plan ahead.

Cheers

Would it be possible to create a single CC midi command to allow ramp up and down of morphing via a midi controller momentary switch? Currently the performance slot midi command needs to be sent repeatadivly in order to achieve this, which my voodoo labs gcp is incapable of. I can't use the Kemper remote as it won't control v/labs switcher.

Cheers Ben