Posts by Ruefus

I am with you considering a slowing down in Updates regarding the player which seems to be different than Head/Rack/Stage. On the other hand there might also be some new features we might receive. E.g. still waiting for a mapping of my Kemper Controller in RM… yet possible with the player … will it be long for the iconic Kempers? Will it better? Different? Still excited after more than 5 years with my Rack … In todays world we get so much so fast. Waiting was standard a few years ago 🤓

The current plan for Kemper is to unify the OS. Meaning - one file to update any Profiler. They've said as much and their versioning of the kaos.bin file supports this.

I don't think the Player is nearly as different as some believe.

I'm not following you around this forum - but Eventide didn't abandon the algorithm store because it was a commercial failure. That's just not true.

A pay-for-feature concept wouldn’t bother me. Eventide’s H9 proved that model can work.

A subscription won’t happen. The technology architecture needed to make that work doesn’t exist for Kemper. It’s no small thing, either.

Their intent is to have all models (Player included) using the same KAOS.bin for updates. You can’t do that (at least not easily) if you’re going subscription based for one model.

Besides, that’s so completely out of character for Kemper it’s ridiculous.

No...perhaps, maybe...yes. I don't know.

Liquid Profiles and Imprints wouldn't be high on my priority list given what already exists. I don't recall where they've 'promised' additional imprints. All I've seen is them saying things like "we have put together an overview over the current imprints available."

Kind of like Tone Junkie saying "Weeks not months..." for the new effects announced at NAMM. Kemper never said that, but many seem to think they did and criticize as a result.

Monitor cab off only affects the monitor out. You have to add a cab for the main outs.

Where are you adjusting the Kone imprint? In the output section or cab of the profile?

The profile could be set to a specific imprint and not global - which will ignore the global setting in the Output section.

I disagree that you need to spend money for “good”

Profiles.

I have several I paid for from the names mentioned and dislike them. They aren’t bad profiles - just not the sound I prefer.

Just because you pay for them doesn’t mean your ears will like them.

With the Profiler (my opinion), the effect parameters mean ‘duplicating’ a sound is kind of missing the point.

If what you want/need/desire is a Carbon Copy or Strymom’s Cloud reverb or a Klon…..whatever…Use the actual pedal. The Profiler will be no more or less exact than any other clone.

If you’re going for a sound…..then the effects will let you get lost in textures and sounds you just ‘find’.

All that to say….I gave up trying to duplicate stuff. I fiddle until I like it. YMMV.

If you are using the HRD to amplify, that’s not a ‘bad’ thing by any means.

As has been said, it will add color not intended. All I would say is if you’re going to get a dedicated power amp (Class D would be my suggestion. It’s the type used in the Powered models and powered Kab.

A powered Kabinet may be the ticket.

You have to go to the slot in the performance itself, edit -> midi -> midi number (1-128) to configure the PX8 switches.

I use a MIDI loop switcher to select specific loops.

Example: sending 124 will activate loop 3, or 125 activates loops 2 and 3, etc.

I may have missed a step as I’m not near my Profiler. That should get you pointed in the right direction.