Posts by Ruefus

Sorry, i didn't explain well...

I'd like to stack a pedal profile, a DI profile and a cab profile. Today, I need three kemper to do it but i have only one.

Too me a cab profile is a good way to improve cab section. Because cabs are non linear things and IRs are linear. The non linearities are very accurate with a profil.

I hope i explained my though better.

Quad Cortex can do the stacking now, as can the Headrush Prime (I think)

At least in the case of the Headrush.....you need a ton of processing power to keep the latency from getting out of control. I don't think the QC has this issue.

As for cabs, probably better off using a Two-Notes for in-depth cab stuff.

Where ever I played since I play Kemper (2015), the men on the desks offered XLR to connect.

Never got quarter inch cables.

That has as much to do with the standard connectors audio desks use than anything else. There's a reason Kemper included both XLR and 1/4" TS main outs.

The only viable, no compromise option I can see to get you exactly what you want is a stereo pedal into a stereo direct box, out to FOH. An XLR equipped volume pedal just doesn't exist.

Obviously, do what is right for you. Your music, your gear.

But the amount of extra cabling you'll need is nuts. 2 longer runs from the Profiler to the pedal in front of you, 2 from the pedal to the direct box and then 2 more from the direct box to FOH. That's not only complex, but introduces a bunch of new places for stuff to go wrong.

If you're concerned about sonic changes with placing a pedal after the guitar but before the input, I think you should look at one of the Lehle pedals. It isn't just a volume pot stuck in the middle like an Ernie Ball. There's a reason those things are $300+.

Thanks so far.

I didn't find any volume pedal with xlr until now.

As written before, t he best solution would be:

Kemper company makes it possible, to configure 2 expression pedals as 2 different volume pedals in the Kemper.

Unfortunately for your situation, given that three or four options already exist, the chances of that happening are pretty much zero.

The closest option would be a quality stereo pedal using standard quarter inch cables. You’ll never hear the difference. Not with a guitar signal.

Why are you so concerned about having XLR?

An analog volume pedal after the Kemper is going to change the sound as well. It won't matter one bit if they're XLR or not. Nevermind the dual cable runs for stereo adding their own 'flavor'.

A quality pedal such as the Lehle is going to be as pristine as you can get.

Apple do seem to love rendering their expensive hardware useless after a few years.

I certainly get your meaning, but that doesn't sound like Apple's fault. Could they have made it backwards compatible? Probably...but they also don't support an OS more than three versions back. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As for useless......I'm still running two 12 year old Macs that were purchased new. The iMac is on its second hard drive and requires a video card swap to update beyond High Sierra. Doable, but not for the faint hearted. The Air went to Monterey without issue. It runs a little hot, but loading a 2 year old OS onto a 12 year old machine? I'm surprised it runs at all.

In comparison, Windows machines tend to not age well.

I’m glad I’m not the only one. It’s been *forever* since I did it. I think it’s my brain defaulting to pretty much every amp I’ve had or plugged into.

The input is on the left.

That, and I’ve been using the headphone out for USB audio.

Sat there for longer than I care to admit thinking “What am I missing?”

if you’re in an apartment or close-quarters housing - Headphones.

As has been said, attenuators can (and would) do damage. The Profiler uses a Class D amp, and devices like the OxBox are specifically for tube amps. Very, very different animals.