Posts by Ruefus

Ever plug everything in in prep for a gig, only to get no signal into your Profiler?

You stare at it. Restart….stare some more. Wonder…etc.

….and then…you realize realize it’s PINIP…..(Problem Is Not Inside Profiler).

On my toaster, I had plugged my guitar into the left input. Which is the headphone out.

Derp.

It's been available in Rig Settings for a while.

What auto-assign does is automatically assign stomps to the four effects switches. If I recall, it will look at A, B, C....etc. in sequence. If A has a stomp, that'll be stomp button 1. If B is empty, but C is populated, that will be stomp button 2 etc.

Mine's a 2011 MacBook Pro. It works fine. I don't know about the other models though.

With APFS file system you can allocate space for another bootable "partition" that shares the drive dynamically with the older OS minimising the space used for the new version while retaining the stable OS for your other projects.

I did some further research and found that the iMac I have requires a graphics card update to run a newer, unsupported OS. Not simple, but possible.

I had incorrectly assumed my Air from the same year wouldn’t work.

Just updated it to Catalina. Seems to run fine and RM connected to my Profiler with no problems._

Thanks for the nudge!

It has been stated that LP will be released on OS 10. So, we have to go thru 9.1, 9.2. 9.3 etc. While the info screen indicates "support" for LP that doesn't mean implementation or that LP is actually installed. But my fingers are crossed it will be here for Xmas.

Nothing says they can't jump an entire number. After MacOS 10.15 (aka Catalina), they jumped to MacOS 11, 12 and now 13. Microsoft jumped from 8.1 to 10.

Didn't they jump a version number when the updated 'verbs and delays were released?

I would think that a foundational change like this warrants its own number. ;)

Same here. Can't officially update beyond 10.13 (High Sierra). There is a third party patch available to get 10.14 running on older macs and Mojave still has support for 32 bit legacy software thankfully in addition to running the new RM.

dosdude1.com/mojave

Unfortunately for me - both my old Macs are 2011. One of the years you *can't* update. Unofficially or otherwise. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The 18 speakers options aren’t IRS. They’re Kone imprints used exclusively with the Kone speaker. Very different thing.

What you’re most likely looking at are the cabinets on your Profiler. Either as presets or part of existing rigs.

Obviously, my comments here are inaccurate. When I saw 18 cabs - I immediately thought "Kone".

I was never aware of the 18 preset cabs and don't ever recall seeing them. I use cab button-browse fairly often. Weird.

honestly just want a conversation. But the response has definitely given me pause. There is no tantrum here, btw. Just a convo. I never understood people who stick their noses into conversations they have no input to offer, just judgement.

I’ve never understood showing up, slinging negativity around and then putting your hands up saying “I just want conversation.”

You resurrect a resolved thread to make a snide comment to one of the most active Kemper support people on this forum.

You then criticize Christoph Kemper himself in this thread.

And the response you’ve received has given you ’pause’.

🙄

The 18 speakers options aren’t IRS. They’re Kone imprints used exclusively with the Kone speaker. Very different thing.

What you’re most likely looking at are the cabinets on your Profiler. Either as presets or part of existing rigs.

wow. Ok.

How many Kemper’s does it take to change a lightbulb? lol!

nice to know how open Kemper is to a dialogue about something. ha!

….because the guy the company is named after never comes on and provides his side of things.

Except he has….over two-thousand times.

The tone of his comments above are consistent with everything else I’ve seen him say since I arrived here. He’s *always* been direct.

I’m also pretty sure Burkhard’s first language isn’t English.

Besides - the problem was solved three days ago.