Posts by Ruefus

I believe if you place the mod in A, B, C, D or X it will be mono. Only the Mod, Delay and Reverb slots output in stereo.

I'm not in front of my Profiler, but is there a stereo control parameter available? That might do it as well, regardless of which slot.

Unlike all these other systems that appear to be entirely software based, Kemper remains unique.

Kemper use a specific chip, with code specifically optimized to run on it. One without the other isn't possible. At least not right now, and I'd doubt they'll ever bother. Similar to Apple writing their OS specifically for their silicon. Like it or lump it, you can't have one without the other. There are clear advantages (and disadvantages) to this approach

From a live performance perspective, nothing else with a Profiling-type function has the track record. Modelers certainly do, but that's not what we're talking about.

I'd guess CK and those at Kemper are looking at these new devices thinking "So, you finally figured it out." and/or "What have they done we hadn't considered?" They certainly aren't thinking "We're the best and no one can ever beat us."

The reality is that no one is "wiping the floor" with anyone. With the exception of the Profiler, all of these technologies are in their infancy. Their combined user base probably doesn't equal Kemper's by itself, yet.

How long are these companies going to support their products? A free plugin on GitHub? That place is as much a graveyard as it is a garden.

Will they 'beat' the Profiler? Eventually, yes. Absolutely. 100% yes. No one stays on top forever.

All that to say...and so what?

Helluva time to be interested in digital gear.

Kemper needs to innovate. Which is the thing they are best at. And since we have not seen a Kemper 2, we can assume they are working on something else anyway.

Agreed. But - you can also say that Kemper already innovated back in 2011. They invented the entire concept of Profiling out of thin air.

I would love to seen something "new" from Kemper. Pedal Profiling capable of being placed in a chain. But...that's not so much innovation as it is an additional feature. Given that the Quad Cortex and Headrush Prime both offer it - it becomes 'me too'.

Now....if CK can figure out how to do it without the huge CPU/latency hit.....sign me up.

In 1997, CK's other well-known innovation, Access Virus synths, basically invented the ability to use digital tech to simulate analog synth sounds.

Unless they can re-set the bar, push the envelope....do something totally new, I don't think Kemper is all that interested. They're favorite thing to do seems to be inventing new stuff.

I know bluetooth latency is significant, couldn't work out why I don't get it on my Nuxplug which uses bluetooth, I see my error :)

I know that level of latency is virtually unplayable!

I had to wrap my head around it when I bought the Mustang Micro. "It's got Bluetooth....why can't I use bluetooth headphones?!?"

*Google search* - Wait....what? Latency? .....HOW MUCH?!?!?........ It's like playing (at its very, very best) a 100% mix, 34ms delay.

It destroys everything.

The transmitter would plus into the headphone out of the Focusrite & would carry signal from both audio source and kemper in parallel.

What systems do you have for sale? I'm in UK.

Like I said, that delay will (and does) destroy the feel of the guitar. It has zero to do with the audio (song or backing track). It has everything to do with the round trip from plucked string, through the system and out to your ears.

A wired connection is less than 10ms. Closer to 5.

It’s not the audio. It’s the feel of the guitar under your fingers. Use transpose on the Profiler. You'll feel the latency. It works, but a steady diet *sucks*. I can only deal with it for one or two songs.

Now, play like that ALL the time.

Edit: Another idea.... Set up a single delay at 34ms, set it to full-wet (100% mix) and play. Then take it up to 100.

Ewe.

Vinny Burns is right. Bluetooth has way too much latency. It’s fine for audio playback, but won’t work for something like an instrument.

At best it’s around 35ms. For earbuds it gets well past 100ms.

Headphone amps like Fender’s Mustang Micro have Bluetooth for playback, but use a wired headphone for this very reason.

On the unit, press & hold the lock button.

Any locked item will remain lit. While still holding the lock button, press whatever you want unlocked. Press unlit buttons to lock those.

In Rig Manager, right click the effect select unlock.

I added chorus, envelope filter, reverb, delay, etc to my VST in less than a week. And I had never written any code like that in my life. The NAM could be full featured in no time at all. It already has Noise Gate, IRs, etc.

Delay is as simple as source code can get. Reverb is just a bunch of delays. Chorus is just a delay that you constantly change the delay time. Envelope filter is just changing a filter based on how loud someone plays.

It is a very scary time to be Kemper Line 6, Fractal. Young kids can get a cheap laptop and play out where ever. And the kids these days hack so much they can probably do it on a phone. $79 Android phone that sounds almost as good as a Helix? Sounds like a good deal to me.

If delay, reverb and mod are so simple....how come so many companies suck at it?

Ok I think we'll leave it there with you and I'll communicate with adults only from this point onwards.

Concise and to the point, with a bit of crassness. Certainly seems like language for adults. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Perhaps not entirely agreeing with your characterization and ignoring my repeated question has something to do with your discomfort.

I expect anyone with decent customer service to make sure the customer receives a fully functioning and reliable unit back. Fact is, the new one is fine, so that unit was faulty and they sent it back.

Would you be happy taking back a unit you know is faulty?

I never said your unit wasn't faulty. I said what would you have someone do if *they* can't prove it to be so in their own testing?

Would I be happy? That's an obvious answer. No. You're acting as if they knew it was bad and couldn't have cared less. Which, from personal experience I'd say is about as untrue as something can be.

I had a MIDI issue with my Profiler. This was finally sorted last year.

I went back and forth with Kemper Support and two other manufacturers for over 18 months trying to figure it out. I thought Burkhard was going to fly over here and strangle me. At no time did Support make me feel as if they didn't care. Ultimately, they said it's not the Profiler. I was convinced it was. Yeah....I was frustrated and rather pissed off.

But, they couldn't hear what I was hearing. What were they supposed to do? Answer: There was nothing they could do.

I didn't like it one bit.

But I understood it.