Posts by Sheepfan

Hey hey guys, so I currently have a Seymour Duncan JB in the bridge and an alnico 2 in the neck of my Gibson Explorer. It sounds great but I'm thinking I might want to try something else. Does anyone have any experience with bare knuckle pickups? Any potentially unknown brands that might be worth a look?

Who makes the god of war pack? ? Is it in rig manager? And ah I see. Sounds about right these days. voice an opinion different from a "tolerant" person and all hell breaks loose.

So essentially, if I wanted a certain pedal I would have to download whatever rig had it attached to it, and then swap out the amp and cab myself with the browser, correct?

Am I wrong in thinking you can import a stomp by itself from the rig manager? They usually come attached as an entire rig. But is there a way to get just a pedal? Such as an OCD Fulltone pedal or any kind of eventide pedal. And if so, do you guys know of a good place to get just pedal profiles ?:/

If you want a different poweramp tube, you can load an EL34 amp Rig, or a 6L6 Rig, or an EL34 Rig, or a 6V6 Rig, or a 6550 Rig, etc.

I was just meaning on the spot though, so instead of loading a different rig just being able to hold the amp button and changing the tube type, assuming that amp can take multiple tube types .

"Tube Shape isn't actually a "0 = off, 10 = on" sort of setting - it changes the curve of the simulated tubes to feel more like preamp distortion at lower settings and more like power amp distortion at higher settings....." This was said by a user in a different thread. So I suppose I'll have to look up the tonale differences between higher power amp dist and higher pre amp dist. So based off what the user said, if you turn the tube shape lower, it focuses the sound to pre amp dist and higher focuses it more on Power amp right ?

Hey guys, I was reading a thread on here a while back and I was reading something about how to affect the preamp in the power amp emulation with the Kemper. there was a certain control you turned up or down to boost the pre or the power amp but I can't find it, is anyone know how to do it or where that thread is?:(

The KPA is not a modeler, so the Gain knob does not work like on a modeler. If you are substantially turning up the Gain on most profiles, that may explain why they sound similar to each other. The KPA is adding pure gain to the original amp Profile, not modeling the original amps Gain structure at a higher setting.

If you want results with the Gain Control that more accurately reflect the original amp, find a rig with more gain than you need, and turn the Gain down.

Great tip, thanks!

The cab profiles not turned off, and yes in regards to the pick attack, that's another thing I was noticing. if you turn the gain up past 6.5 it seems to just become mush . I thought maybe I was crazy

So oddly the one profile ive found that sounds like a tube amp is an ola profile (bug area3 rack) now I'm confused beyond belief haha. Because that rack profile sounds great. So now I'm thinking it's not a problem with the Kemper but just maybe how I think things the sound? :/ either way I appreciate all your help guys. Any more profile sites to check besides tone junkie is greatly appreciated (and yes I have rig manager) so any profile's in there I should check out would be cool too. :)

I think you should mic up an amp, listen to it with the headphones through your interface/soundcard, then profile that amp with the mic in the same position and listen to that profile with the same headphones and see how different they sound. If it’s drastic there’s clearly an issue.

All of that is not really in the cards for me. I live in an apartment and all my tube amps I had are blown . I also have no recording gear